Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"As you get older, it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary."

Ernest Hemingway once commented,"As you get older, it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary." Do you agree with the statement. State your position with examples.

Yes, I agree with the statement; as people get older, they become more selective and wiser in choice. It is hard to find a perfect person like a hero in older age. The experiences taught to catch the fallacies and ignore the fantasy in
reality. However, there are no excitement and courage without heroes, so they are necessary too.

The aged person
easily catches the weaknesses which took him away to believe in heroes. Moreover, the experiences of life teach well to differentiate the imaginary and real world. Sometimes, I laugh on myself how much I was mad to meet the Spiderman in young age. He was my hero. Though, I accept he is not in real, I wish he would have. As we grow older, the fantasy and magic are no longer impressed us rather anxious us because we are able to understand the fact.

Additionaly, Heroes are the need of society to keep the values and
morality. As a social being heroes encouraged the people to reach their aims. Most of children have an ideal in life who play a significant role to develop their personality and character. Without heroes it is hard to teach the difference between wrong and right, good and bad.

In short, although, it is tough to find the hero in old age, this age needs heroes most to help them in their dull and
lonely life.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: "As you get older, it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary."

When are you going to submit your essay for marking or grading?

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: "As you get older, it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary."

When I get confident that I have good control on sentence formation, structure and usage.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

So is the above homework?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

If your essay is going to be submitted for marking/grading, we cannot help you. That would be completely inappropriate. All work that you submit must be your own, done with no outside help.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.