Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
  1. Discuss some of the ways in which human beings can treat others as less than human? Does this enduring feature of our experience have to do with human nature itself? If not, what is its cause? What if anything can be done to make the situation better?

There are many ways from ancient time in which people treating other less than human for different reasons such as color, sex, race and religion. Dark color of skin is considered less important than light color. In the same way, female sex is the symbol of weakness and inferiority. Moreover, a particular group of religious people are best. All these examples show the inequality in human beings. Although color and sex are inborn qualities, social environment conditioned and create differences among people.

The skin's color depends on heredity and environment, but people used it as a scale of beauty and superiority. However, dark skin is healthier than light, but a dark person is less significant and treated as minor. Social environment has been playing a crucial role in developing both human and less human habits. For example, It is society who teaches the children what and who is more beautiful than another. The less beautiful is shown less human. Later, It becomes their behavior.

Furthermore, because of the social boundations girls treated lesser and weaker human. Being a woman has its own features which are different from man not weaker or inferior. The behavior and nature to females is major problem in using their creativity. The same problem with the racial and religious people.A guilty of being lesser human lead them to negetivity and depressive path.

Inspite of partiality among people, less humanity is a hindrance in the development of mankind. First, it is the duty of all to treat others equal so we can unite in the progress of humanity and equality. Additionally, we should present an example for others so humanity should start from within us to inspire others. It is useless to wait for an inspiration to relate yourself with others.

In conclusion, people are equal from inside as all have the same body, mind and heart. The cause of Less humanity starts when one is preferring better than the rest. If we omit it from society by showing uniform affection and empathy, It will be the best gift to humanity

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I can see you have some useful ideas, but the way you've expressed them doesn't help your cause!

This essay needs a lot of work to become acceptable. First, what are the topics for each of your body paragraphs? Try to state each topic in a couple of (1-3) words.

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I edited the essay. Please suggest where execty I need to work.

Discuss some of the ways in which human beings can treat others as less than human? Does this enduring feature of our experience have to do with human nature itself? If not, what is its cause? What if anything can be done to make the situation better?

There are many ways from ancient time in which people have been treating other less than human for different reasons such as color, sex, race and religion. Dark color of skin is considered less important than light color. In the same way, the female sex is the symbol of weakness and inferiority. Moreover, a particular group of religious people is best. All these examples show the inequality in human beings. Although color and sex are inborn qualities, social environment conditioned and create differences among people.

The leading reason of inequality is human color.The skin's color depends on heredity and environment, but people used it as a scale of beauty and superiority. However, dark skin is healthier than light, but a dark person is less significant and treated as minor. Social environment has been playing a crucial role in developing both human and less human habits. For example, It is society who teaches the children what and who is more beautiful than another. The less beautiful is shown less human. Later, It becomes their behavior.

The next cause of lesser humanity is gender. Because of the social boundations girls treated feeble and weaker human. Being a woman has its own features which are different from man not weaker or inferior. The behavior and nature towards females are major concern to exploit their creativity. Guilty of being lesser human lead them to negativity and depressive path. The same problem with the racial and religious people.

The best thing we can do for them is provide a comfortable surrounding, so they felt and accepted equal by everyone and everywhere they want. Inspite of partiality among people, less humanity is a hindrance in the development of mankind. It is the duty of all to treat others equal, so we can unite in the progress of humanity and equality. Additionally, we should present an example for others; equity should start from us to inspire others. It is useless to wait for an inspiration to treat other equal.

In conclusion, people are equal from inside as all have the same body, mind and heart. The cause of Less humanity starts when one is preferring better than the rest. If we omit it from society by showing uniform affection and empathy, It will be the best gift to humanity

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I edited the essay. Please suggest [STRIKE]where[/STRIKE] what exactly I need to work on.

Discuss some of the ways in which human beings can treat others as less than human. Does this enduring feature of our experience have to do with human nature itself? If not, what is its cause? What if anything can be done to make the situation better?

Since [STRIKE]There are many ways from[/STRIKE] ancient times, [STRIKE]in which[/STRIKE] people have been treating other as less than human for different reasons such as their color, sex, race [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] or religion. Dark skin color [STRIKE]of skin[/STRIKE] is considered by some as a sign of inferiority. [STRIKE]less important than light color.[/STRIKE] In the same way, the female gender [STRIKE]sex[/STRIKE] is often discriminated against. [STRIKE]the symbol of weakness and inferiority.[/STRIKE] Moreover, religion is yet another pretext used by some to mistreat others. [STRIKE]a particular group of religious people is best. All these examples show the inequality in human beings.[/STRIKE] Although some may argue that being unkind towards one's fellow human beings is an inborn trait, I firmly believe that [STRIKE]color and sex are inborn qualities,[/STRIKE] social and cultural conditioning are to blame. [STRIKE]environment conditioned and create differences among people.[/STRIKE]

The leading reason [STRIKE]of inequality[/STRIKE] for discrimination in many societies is [STRIKE]human[/STRIKE] color, or more broadly, race.

[STRIKE]The skin's color depends on heredity and environment, but people used it as a scale of beauty and superiority. However, dark skin is healthier than light, but a dark person is less significant and treated as minor. Social environment has been playing a crucial role in developing both human and less human habits. For example, It is society who teaches the children what and who is more beautiful than another. The less beautiful is shown less human. Later, It becomes their behavior.[/STRIKE]
I gave up trying to correct that essay. I honestly don't think you're quite ready yet to tackle essay questions such as the above. Why don't you choose a simpler and more straightforward topic?

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am very thankful for your help. I have a question. from where I have to start to write a good essay. I am working on grammar but it is not improving as I saw. May I get your help in sentence formation.

Thanks again.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I am very thankful for your help.
You're welcome.

I have a question. [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] where do I have to start to write a good essay?
The most important thing is to plan out an essay well before you starting writing it.

Take a look at my replies in the following threads; they may help.
https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/230490-Essay-plan
https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/231730-University-Education
https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/242490-School-education-should-be-free

I am working on grammar, but it is not improving. [STRIKE]as I saw.[/STRIKE] May I get your help [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] with sentence formation?
Absolutely. That's what we're here for.

I'll just say one more thing. With your next essay exercise, please start a new thread and just post the essay question/prompt. Do not write the essay! I'll try to guide you through the writing process.
Thanks again.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If your thread title is also the title of the essay, it's grammatically incorrect. It should be "Why do some humans treat others as less than human?"

Status
Not open for further replies.