Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I have rewritten a fictitious cover letter as follows. Please help me correct the errors. Thanks a lot.

Peter Chen

No.149, Lanzhou St., Yangmei Township, Taoyung
County 326 , Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Phone: +886-3-xxxx-xxx
Cell Phone: +886-xxx-xxx-xxx
Email: xxxxxxx@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2017

Antony Nilsson

No.100, Lexus 1st Rd., Taichung Science Park,
Taichung 400
1234-567-890
hiring.manager@gmail.com

Dear Mr. Antony Nilsson,

My name is Peter Chen. I was referred to you by Mr. Fox, a partner in your Taichung office, who informed me that the Headquarters of Fuermosha Tek Inc. in Taichung is seeking to hire qualified individuals for your Analog IC Design Development Program.

I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering System Science at Dunhuang National University in 2015, and I am currently enrolled in a Master’s program in Electronic Engineering at Yushan National University.

I have more than two years of analog IC design experience. I was involved in academic research as a graduate student at the ABC Laboratory, Dept. of Electronics Engineering at Yushan National University. I will finish my master’s degree next June. I am confident that my combination of practical expertise training and solid educational experience has prepared me for making an immediate contribution to High-Speed DAC. I can say this with confidence since this was my research topic.

In the summer of 2014, I was selected to go to Shanghai Fu Dan University (SFDU) for two months to conduct academic research. I gained a lot of technical knowledge of analog IC design from discussions with lab classmates there. I appreciated their invaluable help that they selflessly shared continuously with me. In March of 2017, I am going to be nominated to go to UTSB for an academic research collaboration program. I am confident that I have the ability to face the challenge and eventually become the most successful designer in this program.

Given my specialized academic research background and extensive experience in the analog IC design field as well as my leadership and analytical skills, I believe I am a suitable candidate for the position of Analog IC Design Engineer at your firm.

I have attached my resume for your consideration and I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you for an interview. I can be reached at xxxx-xxx-xxx or via email at xxxxxxx@gmail.com. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely yours
Peter Chen

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Mr. [STRIKE]Antony[/STRIKE] Nilsson,

My name is Peter Chen. I was referred to you by Mr. Fox, a partner in your Taichung office, who informed me that the headquarters of Fuermosha Tek Inc. in Taichung is seeking to hire qualified individuals for your Analog IC Design Development Program.

I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Systems Science [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] from Dunhuang National University in 2015, and I am currently enrolled in a master’s program in Electronic Engineering at Yushan National University.

I have more than two years of analog IC design experience. I was also involved in academic research as a graduate student at the ABC Laboratory, Dept. of Electronics Engineering at Yushan National University. I will finish my master’s degree in [STRIKE]next[/STRIKE] June 2017. I am confident that my [STRIKE]combination of[/STRIKE] practical expertise, training and solid educational experience [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] have prepared me for [STRIKE]making an immediate contribution to[/STRIKE] a career in High-Speed DAC. I can say this with confidence since this was my research topic at?.

In the summer of 2014, I was selected to go to Shanghai Fu Dan University (SFDU) for two months to conduct academic research. I gained a lot of technical knowledge of analog IC design from discussions with lab classmates there. I appreciated their invaluable help that they selflessly shared [STRIKE]continuously[/STRIKE] with me. In March of 2017, I am going to be nominated to go to UTSB for an academic research collaboration program. I am confident that I have the ability to face the challenge and eventually become the most successful designer in this program.

Given my specialized academic research background and extensive experience in the analog IC design field as well as my leadership and analytical skills, I believe I am a suitable candidate for the position of Analog IC Design Engineer at your firm.

I have attached my resume for your consideration, and I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you for an interview. I can be reached at xxxx-xxx-xxx or via email at xxxxxxx@gmail.com. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely yours
Peter Chen

Status
Not open for further replies.