Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
James interests include athletics, travel and the arts.
James has a natural aptitude for sports and currently plays on a basketball team where he made an assist at a recent game.

Another passion of James is travel. . James has learned much about our world: domestic and abroad. He can tell you about indigenous plants and animals from different countries and continents. In fact, he was just observing the iguanas in Puerto Rico.

James enjoys the arts, as well. He loves to make music: his newest instrument is a drum set. Additionally, he loves listening to music, dancing and going to concerts.

grammygaga

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What would you like St. xxxx to know about James?

James is an energetic boy with a dynamic lifestyle. For instance, James and his dad got up early Tuesday and flew home to Lutherville: they spent the day at the office, afterwards went to basketball practice and then flew back home to Boca. He also gets up early on Saturdays and goes with dad to coach the girl’s track and field team.

James is a protective big brother, as well. To exemplify,
He stays next to his younger brother and makes sure he is a safe distance from the iguanas.

Additionally, James is outgoing, likes playing with friends and participating in sports including tball, karate, soccer, and swimming. He loves going to baseball and football games, as well; He is especially excited when we tailgate at a raven’s game. James is well rounded and polite. To exemplify, While in Puerto Rico recently, James walked up to man and greeted him in Spanish "hola amigo" he said with a smile on his face.

James is creative and has a wonderful imagination: He pretends everything from being a cat, pirate, chef to putting on concerts where he sings and puts on quite a show. Finally, James loves school and has been attending the Goddard school for the last 3 years.
It is important to note, James had ear surgery when he was nine months old. He used sign language to aid in communicating. He communicates very well but some sounds are hard to pronounce.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: What would you like St. xxxx to know about James?

Welcome to the forum, grammygaga.

What is your question?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
For what purpose have you written this, grammygaga?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
James's interests include athletics, travel and the arts.
James has a natural aptitude for sports and currently plays on a basketball team where he made an assist at a recent game.

[STRIKE]Another passion of James is[/STRIKE] As for his interest in nature, [STRIKE]travel. .[/STRIKE] James has learned much about our world. [STRIKE]domestic and abroad.[/STRIKE] He can tell you about indigenous plants and animals from different countries and continents. In fact, he was [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] recently on a trip, observing the iguanas in Puerto Rico.

James enjoys the arts, as well. He loves to [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] play/create music: his newest instrument is a drum set. Additionally, he loves listening to music, dancing and going to concerts.
Note my corrections.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'd still like an answer to my question in post #2.

We might be doing the OP's homework.

grammygaga

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
For what purpose have you written this, grammygaga?

It is a question on the admission application for private school (kindergarten).

grammygaga

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: What would you like St. xxxx to know about James?

Input? Revisions? I have spent many hours/days writing this. I am sure some sentences can be better; but, this is the best i can do.
This is a question on admission application for private school (kindergarten).

grammygaga

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

James is an energetic boy with a dynamic lifestyle. For instance, James and his dad got up early Tuesday and flew home to Lutherville: they spent the day at the office, afterwards went to basketball practice and then flew back home to Boca. He also gets up early on Saturdays and goes with dad to coach the girl’s track and field team.

James is a protective big brother, as well. To exemplify,
He stays next to his younger brother and makes sure he is a safe distance from the iguanas.

Additionally, James is outgoing, likes playing with friends and participating in sports including tball, karate, soccer, and swimming. He loves going to baseball and football games, as well; He is especially excited when we tailgate at a raven’s game. James is well rounded and polite. To exemplify, While in Puerto Rico recently, James walked up to man and greeted him in Spanish hola amigo he said with a smile on his face.

James is creative and has a wonderful imagination: He pretends everything from being a cat, pirate, chef to putting on concerts where he sings and puts on quite a show. Finally, James loves school and has been attending the Goddard school for the last 3 years.
It is important to note, James had ear surgery when he was nine months old. He used sign language to aid in communicating. He communicates very well but some sounds are hard to pronounce.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

James is an energetic boy with a dynamic lifestyle. For instance, James and his dad got up early Tuesday and flew home to Lutherville: they spent the day at the office, [STRIKE]afterwards[/STRIKE] went to basketball practice afterwards and then flew back home to Boca. He also gets up early on Saturdays and goes with Dad to coach the local girls' track and field team.

James is protective of his younger big brother. [STRIKE], as well. To exemplify,[/STRIKE]
He stays next to [STRIKE]his younger brother[/STRIKE] him and makes sure he is a safe distance from our pets. [STRIKE]the iguanas .[/STRIKE]

Additionally, James is outgoing and likes playing with friends and participating in sports including T-Ball, karate, soccer, and swimming. He loves going to baseball and football games, as well, and he feels especially excited when we tailgate at a Raven’s game. James is well rounded and polite. [STRIKE]To exemplify,[/STRIKE] For example, while in Puerto Rico recently, James walked up to man and greeted him in Spanish; "hola amigo," he said with a smile on his face.

Moreover, James is creative and has a wonderful imagination. He pretends to be everything- from being a cat, a pirate, or a chef to a superstar [STRIKE]putting on[/STRIKE] at a concert, where he sings and puts on quite a show. Finally, James loves school and has been attending The Goddard School for the last 3 years.

[STRIKE]It is important to[/STRIKE] Please note that James had ear surgery when he was nine months old. He used sign language to aid in communicating. He now communicates very well, but some sounds are hard for him to pronounce.
Is home Lutherville or Boca? ;-)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Note that I have merged your two threads.

grammygaga

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Home is both Lutherville, Md. and Boca Raton, Fla. I am trying to explain James' lifestyle without sounding like we are bragging.
When he starts kindergarten he will have to stay in Maryland more but for his first 5 years, he flew back and forth a lot.

Thank you so very much for revisions/corrections. I spent an insane amount of time writing but could not get it correct. I need to practice writing to get the experience needed to be proficient. I do not want you to think I am taking the easy way by having you do this for me - I really put time and effort in.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Home is both Lutherville, Md. and Boca Raton, Fla.
Choose whichever one is most appropriate to call home for that application.

Thank you so very much for revisions/corrections. I spent an insane amount of time writing but could not get it correct.
You're welcome, and tell James we all say hello here. :hi:

Let us know how you get on with your application. :)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
James is only five?

Status