Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
Australia
Hi

This is part of my resume which I am unsure of.

Would you be able to correct my resume, if there is any sentence that you might find it tough to understand or that has grammar-related issue ?
It would be very appreciated if you give me some suggestions on my resume.

Responsibilities
® Re-issued incorrect invoices; issued credit note and refund <- ( I am not sure about the use of ';' )
® Assisted with budgeting of all XX(company name) properties, adjusting CPI and marketing rate for new F/Y 2016-2017 and reconciling them ( is it comprehensible ? )
® Reconciling various financial reports including GST and sundry data as needed
® Assisted with the Year End audit process, particularly classifying recoverable outgoings and reconciling them by store (Is it comprehensible and grammatically correct ?)

® Ran supermarket chain - ordered, received and replenished stock and handled cash register while simultaneously marketing products by successfully achieving expected yearly profit margin ( is it comprehensible and the format(structure) is fine to use on resume? )

Acheivements
1) Used strong attention to detail to find and clear some items that had been sitting on suspense accounts for a few years, which were caused by wrong adjustment of journal entries ( is it comprehensible ?)
2) Achieved target profit margin; recognized for multitasking and communication skills with customers

Thanks you sooooooooo much in advance and have a nice weekend :)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello realize2010. Welcome back after a long absence. :)

This is a part of my resume [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] that I am unsure about. [STRIKE]of.[/STRIKE]

Would you be able to correct my resume, if there is any sentence that you might find it tough to understand or that has grammar-related issues?

I would [STRIKE]be very[/STRIKE] really appreciated it if you give me some suggestions on my resume.

Responsibilities
* Re-issued [STRIKE]incorrect[/STRIKE] corrected invoices, issued credit notes and handled refunds
* Assisted with budgeting [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] for all XX (company name) properties, adjusting for CPI and marketing rates [STRIKE]for new F/Y[/STRIKE] 2016-2017 F/Yand reconciling them (is it comprehensible?) [What did you adjust- costs, payments, etc.?]
* Reconciled [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] various financial reports including GST and sundry data as needed
* Assisted with [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] year-end audit process, particularly with classifying recoverable outgoings and reconciling them by store. [STRIKE](Is it comprehensible and grammatically correct ?)[/STRIKE]

* [STRIKE]Ran[/STRIKE] Managed supermarket chain - ordered, received and replenished stock, supervised day-to-day operations and [STRIKE]handled cash register while simultaneously marketing products by[/STRIKE] successfully achieved [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] expected yearly profit margin. [STRIKE]( is it comprehensible and the format(structure) is fine to use on resume? ) [/STRIKE]

Achievements
1) [STRIKE]Used[/STRIKE] With strong attention to detail, I systematically managed to identify [STRIKE]to find[/STRIKE] and clear some items that had been sitting [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in suspense accounts for a few years as a result of incorrect [STRIKE]which were caused by wrong[/STRIKE] adjustment of journal entries [STRIKE]( is it comprehensible ?)[/STRIKE]
2) Achieved target profit margin and recognized for multitasking and effective communication skills with customers

See above.

Thanks you so [STRIKE]oooooooo[/STRIKE] much in advance, and have a nice weekend.
You too. ;-)

realize2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
Australia
Thank you so much for responding and welcoming me.

* Assisted with budgeting of for all XX (company name) properties, adjusting for CPI and marketing rates for new F/Y 2016-2017 F/Yand reconciling them (is it comprehensible?) [What did you adjust- costs, payments, etc.?]

In the sentence above, do you mean I need to mention a specific object to adjust for? like adjusting for CPI and marketing rates for costs of budget for 2016-2017 F/Y ? or is it still wrong ?
Do you think it would be better to say that I assisted with budgeting for XX company, calculating costs reflecting CPI and marketing rates for F/Y ending 2017 ?

* Ran Managed supermarket chain - ordered, received and replenished stock, supervised day-to-day operations and handled cash register while simultaneously marketing products by successfully achieved ing expected yearly profit margin.

I wanted to show that I have an ability of multitasking in this sentence. That's why I put ' while simultaneously ~~~"
As you see, I took lots of tasks that seems that one person find it tough to handle, but I made it.
Is there any way that I can emphasize my ability to multitask in this sentence ?

Last of all, what do you think about this sentence ?
® Reconciled budget for 2016-2017 F/Y, allocating the right proportion of costs to individual store based on agreed terms& conditions

Thanks

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Assisted with budgeting for all XX (company name) properties, adjusting costs for CPI and market rates.
------------------------------------------------------------

"Multitasking" is mentioned a few lines below. It would be overkill to repeat it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last of all, what do you think about this sentence ?
® Reconciled budget for 2016-2017 F/Y, allocating the right proportion of costs to individual store based on agreed terms& conditions
No, don't use it. Stick with the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.