• Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Post New year resolution

Please check my writing for any grammatical mistakes. Thanks

I don’t believe in New Year resolution. In fact, I believe, if we wish we can make a little change in our lives any time of the year. We should not stick to a particular day to make a change for anything in our lives. These days a New Year resolution is becoming an occasion just like other holidays. We are all about celebrating a day of something and forget all about it rest of the year. Actually, Willpower is the most important key to bringing a success in any situation; it does not require a special day to begin with. Why not make a wish now and start working on it as soon as possible?
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 27-Feb-2017 at 11:55. Reason: Standardised font

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: New year resolution

Quote Originally Posted by greenhouse View Post
    Please check my writing for any grammatical mistakes. Thanks.

I donít believe in New Year resolutions. In fact, I believe (no comma here) that, if we wish, we can make a little change in our lives at any time of the year. We should not stick to a particular day to make a change for to anything in our lives. These days, a New Year resolution is becoming an occasion just like other holidays. We are all about celebrating a one day of something and forgetting all about it [for] the rest of the year. Actually, willpower is the most important key to bringing a success in any situation; it does not require a special day to begin with. Why not make a wish now and start working on it as soon as possible?
    See above.

I've corrected the errors but I have to say I disagree with the statement that "A New Year resolution is becoming an occasion like other holidays". New Year is an occasion and is celebrated as a holiday; making a resolution on January 1st is just something some people do. They might make a big deal out of it but that doesn't make it equal to a national holiday.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

VIP Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: New year resolution

The occasion of the new year is certainly a good time for a new year's resolution.