Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. veneziadrive's Avatar
    Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

    • Join Date: Mar 2017
    • Posts: 18
    #1

    please help to improve my writing

    I'm going to go to a language exam and this is my first and second practice writing. Would you please help correcting my mistakes and let me know how I should improve?
    Thank you.

    Entry for tourist guide – Boldogkői Vár

    I’m quite sure that not many tourist has visited the north-east part of Hungary yet because that is definitely not the most popular part of Hungary. Although not many go to Borsod Abauj Zemplén county, there are many lovely places to visit. If you like ancient castles chances are you would be thrilled to see this one. It’s very easy to get there, it’s only 15 kilometres from the closest town. You might have heard about Encs. It’s famous for it’s brand new reformed church. You can get to the castle by car, by public transport ot if you are a hiking person you might want to walk there from the closest village – Boldogkőújfalu. To reach the castle it’s easy to walk anyways, the sidewalk is not steep at all. Surrounding the castle you will walk through vineyards. The castle itself was built in the XIII. century and was renewed a few years ago. There is also a museum to see with all kinds of interesting ancient objects to look at, furthermore the entrance fee is very cheap. Walking around the place is really peaceful most of the time however sometimes there are different kind of attractions – May 1st celebrations, weddings for instance. The scenery is wonderful, especially when you get behind the castle. If the weather makes it possible you can see really far from it. Marvelous walking tours are available as well where all you have to do is to follow the different coloured signs. At the closest village, you may rent bicycles to ride around and it is available from spring through autumn at a fairly cheap price. If you get hungry please don’t hesitate to choose the restaurant which is built right at the side of the castle. They have waiters who are dressed up as ancient knights. You will feel like you flew back a few centuries.



    School Magazine
    Secondary Schoool Article about favourite teacher

    As a secondary school student at Ady Endre Secondary School it is quite a hard thing for me to choose my favourite teacher. Actually, we have plenty great ones over here whom I adore so it’s a pity to nominate only one. Although it’s hard to choose I’m not going to put it off any more. I have to tell you that Janos Sereg is the best teacher you can ever wish for. He is an old fashioned teacher, who teaches me not just one subject. He has been my teacher for 3 years. He is an experienced and talented person, who teaches Hungarian literature and grammar in the mornings and music in the afternoons. In the morning lessons he makes everything really interesting. (Poems, fiction, non-fiction. Even the hardest grammar points and XXI. century Hungarian literature can be fun if you have an excellent tutor.) I always get the feeling that I love all the topics we cover. And believe me, I’m not his only fan!
    In the afternoons he gives music lessons where we have one-to-one teaching and play a musical instrument. Learning how to play the flute is not what we do. We are beyond that. His job here is to share his knowledge about the music in the XVI. century. All the composers and their pieces of music are fascinating, not to mention their style which is not easy sometimes but always bearable.
    Janos Sereg is a strict teacher, but in a way where you can be completely fine with it. I will always be grateful for all what he dies and I will always remember his lessons.
    Last edited by veneziadrive; 04-Mar-2017 at 12:28. Reason: added another writing

  2. teechar's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Feb 2015
    • Posts: 7,890
    #2

    Re: please help to improve my writing

    Hello veneziadrive, and welcome to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by veneziadrive View Post
    I'm going to go to do a language exam, and this is these are my first and second practice writing attempts. Would you please help correct ing my mistakes and let me know how I should improve?
    Thank you.

    Entry for tourist guide – Boldogkői Vár

    I’m quite sure that not many tourists has have visited the north-east part of Hungary yet because that is definitely not the most popular part of the country. Hungary. Although not many go to Borsod Abauj Zemplén County, there are many lovely places to see there. visit. If you like ancient castles, (the) chances are you would be thrilled to see the three our county is named after. this one. It’s very easy to get here; there, it’s only 15 kilometres from the closest town. You might have heard about Encs. That's the nearest town, and it’s famous for its brand new reformed church. You can get to the castle by car, by public transport or, if you are a hiking person, you might want to walk there from the closest village – Boldogkőújfalu. To reach the castle, it’s easy to walk anyway, as the path to it from the village sidewalk is not steep at all. Surrounding On the way to the castle, you will walk through vineyards. The castle itself was built in the XIII Century and was renewed renovated a few years ago. There is also a museum to see visit with all kinds of interesting ancient objects to look at. Furthermore, the entrance fee is very cheap. Walking around the place is really peaceful most of the time; however sometimes, there are different kinds of events attractions – such as the May 1st celebrations, or weddings, for instance. The scenery is wonderful, especially when you get behind the castle. If the Weather permitting, makes it possible you can see really far into the beautiful countryside. from it. Marvelous walking tours are available as well where all you have to do is (to) follow the different various colour-coded ed signs. At the closest village, you may rent bicycles to ride around, and it that is available from spring through autumn at a fairly cheap price. If you get hungry, please don’t hesitate to choose eat at the restaurant which is built right at the side of the castle. They have waiters who are dressed up as ancient knights. You will feel like you flew went back a few centuries in time.



    School Magazine
    Secondary School Article about favourite teacher

    As a secondary school student at Ady Endre Secondary School, it is quite a hard thing for me to choose my favourite teacher. Actually, we have plenty of great ones teachers over here whom I adore, so it’s a pity to nominate not easy to pick only one. Although it’s hard to choose, I’m not going to put it off any more. I have to say tell you that Janos Sereg is the best teacher you can ever wish for. He is an old-fashioned teacher, who teaches me not just one several subjects. He has been my teacher for 3 years. He is an experienced and talented person, who teaches Hungarian literature and grammar in the mornings and music in the afternoons. In the morning lessons, he makes everything really interesting-- poems, fiction, non-fiction. Even the hardest grammar points and XXI Century Hungarian literature can be fun if you have an excellent tutor. I always get the feeling that I love all the topics we cover. And believe me, I’m not his only fan!

    In the afternoons, he gives teaches music lessons where we have one-to-one teaching tuition and play a musical instrument. We don't just simply learn ing how to play an instrument such as the flute; is not what we do. we are beyond that. His job here is to share his knowledge about the music in of the XVI Century. All the composers of that era and their pieces of music compositions are fascinating, not to mention their style which is not easy sometimes but always interesting. bearable.

    Janos Sereg is a strict teacher, but in a way where you can be completely fine with it. I will always be grateful for all what he dies teaches and I will always remember his lessons.
    In future, please start a new thread for each text.

  3. veneziadrive's Avatar
    Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

    • Join Date: Mar 2017
    • Posts: 18
    #3

    Re: please help to improve my writing

    Thank you so much. And I am sorry, I didn't know!

  4. veneziadrive's Avatar
    Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

    • Join Date: Mar 2017
    • Posts: 18
    #4

    Re: please help to improve my writing

    So I read it through, and I had no idea I am such a horrible writer. It's been quite a long time I haven't written though, and now I have to because of the language exam.
    I'm going to post my other two writings if you don't mind, please take a look.

  5. emsr2d2's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 48,284
    #5

    Re: please help to improve my writing

    Quote Originally Posted by veneziadrive View Post
    So I read it through; and I had no idea I am such a horrible writer. It's been quite a long time since I haven't have written anything though, and now I have to because of the language exam.
    I'm going to post my other two writings if you don't mind. Please take a look.
    See above. You can post other compositions. Please start a new thread for the first one and wait until it has been dealt with before posting the second one.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

  6. teechar's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Feb 2015
    • Posts: 7,890
    #6

    Re: please help to improve my writing

    Quote Originally Posted by veneziadrive View Post
    So I read it through, and I had no idea I am such a horrible writer.
    No, that's not true at all. In fact, your text flows well, which is something only a good writer can achieve.

    Quote Originally Posted by veneziadrive View Post
    It's been quite a long time since I wrote something in English, I haven't written though, and now I have to because of the language exam.
    I'm going to post my other two writings if you don't mind, please take a look.

  7. veneziadrive's Avatar
    Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

    • Join Date: Mar 2017
    • Posts: 18
    #7

    Re: please help to improve my writing

    Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    No, that's not true at all. In fact, your text flows well, which is something only a good writer can achieve.
    Thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. [Essay] Please help me in my writing. I am a new member. I am trying to improve my writing.
    By JohnAdam1234 in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-Jun-2014, 22:52
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-Jun-2014, 19:31
  3. Just need to improve my writing
    By Viny in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31-Dec-2008, 20:59
  4. how to improve my writing
    By naniel23 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-Nov-2006, 06:04
  5. how to improve my writing
    By naniel23 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-Nov-2006, 04:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •