Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hello everybody. I need some help with my application letter for a Master in Marketing and International Business. I spent a lot of time writing it and I feel satisfied with the final result. Despite I am not very sure with the beginning of the first paragraph. Anyway I really appreciate any opinion about the content and any review about grammar and spelling mistakes. Thanks you so much in advance.
Cheers:up::)

Dear Sir/ Madams:

“The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” Sydney J. Harris.

I am applying to your Master program of “International Business and Marketing MSc” starting in XXX. I have chosen this sentence said by Sydney J.Harris to begin my motivation letter because it perfectly defines what goals I want to achieve. I believe that education not only transforms mirrors into windows, it also opens doors for getting in new paths. I deeply wish that this program help me to get the tools and knowledge needed to build those windows and doors that allow me to redirect my professional future in another direction that really satisfies my aspirations and concerns.

I Studied a Degree in Journalism at XXX. During my university degree I had the opportunity to participate in the Erasmus Program for one semester. Undoubtedly, that experience changed my way of seeing the world. After finishing college I decided that I wanted to continue connecting with different cultures, so I decided to move to London to improve my English level. After living for two years in London, I returned to Spain where I was able to perform different positions related to the communication and tourism sector. Although I have developed many personal and professional skills over these years, I think it is time to begin new challenges and come back to university.

I have chosen this particular program because of its flexibility. The program offers the possibility of combining different subjects to acquire knowledge in two disciplines in which I want to focus my professional future: International Business and Marketing. My goal is to work for a multinational in the Marketing area in order to put into practice the communication knowledge that I acquired in my previous studies. Nevertheless, I believe that the International Business is equally important. It will provide me a global perspective of business which it is absolutely necessary for making decisions and understanding the operation of large international companies and their departments.

The University of XXX seems to me an excellent option to carry out my postgraduate studies due to high index of employability of its students. What at first attracted my attention was the structure of the website: clear and concise. As I progressed in my research I found the service of future students very friendly always willing to help, a new and high quality infrastructure, and a large number of international students -something that I valued very positively-. In addition, the city of XXX fulfills all the characteristics that I am looking for: a quiet city with an accessible standard of living and a great leisure offer.

As for my professional experience I have done different jobs in various sectors: communication, hospitality and tourism. I completed my university practices in the communication department of a transport company called “XXX”. When I finished college I collaborated in a local radio program as a writer and producer. Both positions helped me to enhance my ability to planning and organization and self-confidence. Later, I began my stage in London where I combined English classes with jobs in the hospitality sector (bartender, waitress). It was a lovely stage of great learning and personal knowledge. Living by my own in a foreign country was a big challenge. This experience helped me to develop highly valued skills for any job such as: Problem-solving, Adaptability, team worked and Multicultural Sensitivity. Finally, when I returned to Spain, I worked in a five star hotel, where I was able to accomplish some projects with the Marketing and Communication department. On this occasion I had the opportunity to be responsible for a team of people which enable me to develop Leadership and Management Skills.

In general, I can say that I have matured: I know myself better, my abilities and my potential. Despite it has been a few years since I finished my undergraduate studies, I believe it is the perfect time to start a new chapter in my life through this Master, since all the work experience accumulated during these years have made me to understand life from another perspective. I comprehend that the program for which I am applying is demanding and involves complete dedication. My favorite motto says: “The only goal you cannot accomplish is the one you do not go after”. Therefore, I firmly believe that I am prepared to face this new challenge and to give the best of myself to achieve my professional goals and objectives. It would be an honor and a great opportunity for me if you accept my candidacy to join the program.

Thanks for your time and for considering my application. I look forward to your acceptance.

Sincerely yours,

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi cat89, and welcome to the forum. :)

-----------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to apply for your International Business and Marketing MSc program starting in XXX, which I believe will provide a new direction in my professional career, that is in line with my objectives and aspirations.

I have a bachelor's degree in journalism from XXX. During my undergraduate studies, I had the opportunity to participate in the Erasmus Program for one semester. Undoubtedly, that experience changed my way of seeing the world. After graduating, I realized that I wanted to continue connecting with different cultures, so I decided to move to London to improve my English language skills. After living for two years in London, I returned to Spain where I worked in various roles related to the communications and tourism sector. Although I have developed many personal and professional skills over these years, I think it is time for me to pursue further education at university.

I have chosen this particular program because of its flexibility. The program offers the possibility of combining different subjects in two disciplines both of which interest me-- international business and marketing. I aim to work in a multinational company in marketing to practice the communication knowledge that I acquired in my previous studies. Nevertheless, I believe that international business is equally important and will give me a global perspective on business which is absolutely necessary for making decisions and understanding the operation of large international companies.

The University of XXX is ideal given its high graduate employability ranking. I am also highly impressed by your new and high-quality infrastructure, and the large number of international students - something that I highly value. In addition, the city of XXX is perfect for me - quiet but at the same time modern and vibrant.

I have worked in various sectors, mainly in communication, hospitality and tourism. I completed my university practical work in the communication department of the ABC transport company. When I finished college, I took a job as a writer and producer at a local radio station. That helped me to enhance my ability in planning and organization and my self-confidence. Later in London, I studied English while working in the hospitality sector (bartender, waitress). I truly enjoyed that experience. Living on my own in a foreign country was a big challenge. The whole experience helped me to develop valuable skills for any job such as problem-solving, adaptability, a team spirit and multicultural sensitivity. Finally, when I returned to Spain, I worked in a five-star hotel, where I was able to accomplish some projects with the marketing and communication departments. I had the opportunity there to be responsible for a team of people which enabled me to enhance my leadership and management skills.

I consider myself a mature and responsible person. I know my abilities and my potential, and although it has been a few years since I finished my undergraduate studies, I believe this is the perfect time to start a new chapter in my life through this master's, since all the work experience accumulated during these years have made me understand life from a wider perspective. I realize that the program for which I am applying is demanding and involves complete dedication. However, my motto is: “The only goal you cannot accomplish is the one you do not go after”. Therefore, I firmly believe that I am fully capable of succeeding in this program, and I am prepared to do my utmost to achieve my professional goals and objectives. It would be an honor and a great privilege for me if you accept my candidacy to join the program.

Thanks for your time and for considering my application, and I look forward to your acceptance.

Yours faithfully,

Maria Lopez

cat89

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Thank you so much for you reviews. I am really appreciated. This forum it’s great no doubt I will use it regularly :up::-D:-D:-D

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you so much for you review.
You're very welcome.

I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] really appreciate it. This forum [STRIKE]it’s[/STRIKE] is great. No doubt, I will use it regularly. :up::-D:-D:-D
Fantastic! We look forward to your contributions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.