• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

Letter of Recommendation, Grammar & Style

Good morning everyone, I asked my teacher to write a recommendation for me. He told me to write it by myself and then he is going to check and sign. This is what I've done so far, If you guys have some suggestions for me (either in form or content) thanks

March 7th, 2017,

To Whom It May Concern :
    I had the pleasure of teaching Pierre-Alexandre during his third year of his Bachelor degree for Financial Markets and Risk Management lecture at ESC Rennes School of Business.
    Pierre-Alexandre was one of the most motivated students I have encountered during my 25 years of teaching. Pierre-Alexandre has a high aptitude for finance and was very much involved in his work, applying himself with persistence and dedication and often going beyond the regular class assignments. During the lecture, he was always ready to help his classmates in difficulty. Pierre-Alexandre’s intellectual curiosity, combined with his willingness to take risks, leads me to believe there will be no limit to her growth and achievements during his career.
    Pierre-Alexandre has my highest recommendation for analyst positions into a top-tier Investment Bank.

Sincerely,

2. Moderator
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: Letter of Recommendation, Grammar & Style

Welcome to the forum, Pizarro10.

You appear to have a good teacher who is prepared to give you the help you need. I can't help feeling that if we improve your letter
    he is going to know you haven't written it yourself, and wonder why you're not being honest with him.

He can talk you through any improvements necessary, which will be more helpful to you than receiving a polished version from us.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Letter of Recommendation, Grammar & Style

Yes, your teacher should be able to guide you with that, but here are two corrections for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizarro10 View Post
    there will be no limit to his her growth and achievements during his career.
    Pierre-Alexandre has my highest recommendation for analyst positions in to a top-tier Investment Bank.