Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Hi guys,
Questioning the use of 'etymological' in the opportunity line of my essay writing.

New and Classic tolerance are ideological schools of thinking centered on their basic, etymological foundation of liberty.

Advice on whether this is suitable would be appreciated. I also considered using 'intuitive' in place of etymological. Possibly even somebody could, where I failed, conjure another word which communicates the imitative relationship between Liberalism and Liberty.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Hi, [STRIKE]guys,[/STRIKE]

Hello virginialuther12, and welcome to the forum. :)

[STRIKE] Questioning[/STRIKE] Is the use of 'etymological' in the opportunity line of my essay writing suitable?

New and classic tolerance are ideological schools of thinking centered on the basic concepts behind their names. [STRIKE], etymological foundation of liberty.[/STRIKE]
See above.

[STRIKE]Advice on whether this is suitable would be appreciated.[/STRIKE] I also considered using 'intuitive' in place of 'etymological'.
Neither works in that context.

Possibly even somebody could, where I failed, conjure another word which communicates the imitative relationship between liberalism and liberty.
Thanks in advance!
Try my suggested edit.

By the way, please correct the information on your profile page.

Status
Not open for further replies.