Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Hungary
      • Current Location:
      • Hungary

Letter to a friend - letter - could you help me correcting my letter?

The task:
    You would like to invite your friend's child on an adventure weekend away, but you think the mother won't let her because she is overprotective. Write a letter to your friend outlining the benefits of a weekend away and assuring her that all necessary safety precautions will be taken.

My letter:

Dear Anna,

Iím writing to you because Iím planning a weekend in the Alps next weekend, and Iíd like to invite your daughter Dorothy as well to join us on this adventure.

Let me tell you about my plans in details. We are planning to leave on Friday right after the kids finish their school classes. Luckily, they only have 4 lessons, so we would be able to leave after lunch. I will be the one who picks them up at school. By that time, Iíll have everything packed in the car - Iíve already made a list and will make sure I donít forget anything at home. On my list there are different kinds of snacks, drinks, warm blankets, pills, spray against mosquitos, caps, bandages and plasters, just to mention the most important ones.
    We are going to spend two nights out there. Iíve already reserved the apartments where we are going to stay. Weíll get meals three times a day, plus sandwiches, which we will take with us when we go hiking. Donít worry, my husband and my sister are coming with us, so we will watch the kids 24/7.

Itís so wonderful to spend a few days out in the nature, donít you think? The air is so clear and having trips there is also great for everybody. I know our daughters spend a lot of time together in school, but still itís different, when you donít have to worry about your homework, right?
    Anyways! We are really counting on Dorothy to join us, so please do not hesitate and let her come and have some marvellous adventures with us.

Best regards,

G.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Letter to a friend - letter - could you help me correcting my letter?

Quote Originally Posted by veneziadrive View Post

Dear Anna,

Iím writing to you because Iím planning a weekend in the Alps next weekend, and Iíd like to invite your daughter Dorothy as well to join us on this adventure.

Let me tell you about my plans in detail. We are planning to leave on Friday, right after the kids finish their school. classes. Luckily, they only have 4 lessons, so we would be able to leave after lunch. I will be the one who picks them up at from school. By that time, Iíll have everything packed in the car - Iíve already made a list and will to make sure I donít forget anything at home. On my list there are different kinds We'll take plenty of snacks, drinks, warm blankets, pills, spray against mosquito repellent, hats, caps, a first-aid kit, and other necessary items. bandages and plasters, just to mention the most important ones.
    We are going to spend two nights out there. Iíve already reserved the apartments where we are going to stay. Weíll get meals three times a day, plus sandwiches, which we will take with us when we go hiking. Donít worry, my husband and my sister are coming with us, and the three of us will keep an eye on so we will watch the kids. 24/7.

Itíll be so wonderful to spend a few days out in the nature, donít you think? The air is so clear and having trips going there is also will be great for everybody. I know our daughters spend a lot of time together in school, but still itís different when you donít have to worry about your homework, right?

Anyways! We are really counting on Dorothy to join us, so please do not hesitate and let her come and have some marvellous adventures with us.

Best regards,

G.