Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
Ethiopia
Hello. I need help on my study plan for my masters in Electrical engineering(Renewable energy)
thank you in
advance.

"Engineers are designers; they synthesize knowledge to produce new artifacts." Von Karman speaks to what most of us would consider the essence of Engineering: engineers create things to solve problems. I have always been fascinated by the new technologies and the creativity behind these inventions. This is why it did not take too long for me to realize what I want to be; an Engineer, so that I can also enter into the world of innovation to use my creativity for the society.

I am interested in applying for the Master's Degree Program in Energy Conversion xxxxxx University. I will be graduating from xxxxxx and will be holding my Bachelor degree by the end of July 2017 in Electrical Engineering

Recently, energy is the hottest issue in the world. The supply of security in energy becomes main issue for all of countries since the limitation of fossil fuels resources and high dependence on imported fuels. Problems in the energy sector do not only on supply of security, but also in terms of environmental emissions since the energy sector is the main contributor of global warming. I believe that development of sustainable energy is one of the solutions to create supply of security in energy as well as to reduce the global emissions, so that I decided to study on Renewable energy which I could be able to combat this worst scenario of pollution. If pollution occurs at current growth rates in the upcoming decades no one can prevent our extinction. Besides, this scenario in the western developed countries there is a totally opposite scenario exists in many parts of the world which include my country, Ethiopia. In Ethiopia, still 55% of total population is out of electricity grid. To provide grid electricity to this deprived people, a huge investment is required which is beyond the capacity of the Ethiopian government. Moreover, Ethiopia is a country having 12 months of sunshine. So, considering all this fact, Not only I could be a forefront soldier to mitigate the problem of energy in Ethiopia but also I could also help reducing pollution by replacing existing polluting technologies in the western world. This entire factor influenced me to take the decision of taking a Master’s degree in the field of Renewable energy. My undergraduate study helped me to understand the basics on Renewable Energy, and I also doing my thesis on a topic of renewable energy (PV solar cell and its power management). I also understood the basic principle, fabrication of PV solar cell etc.

Enriched with these experiences, I realized that Graduate Study would help me proceed in my intended direction. Subsequently, I find the programs at your university, the eminent faculty, ongoing research areas that parallel with my interests.
The master program in your university, with its highly competitive and research-oriented environment, would provide me the correct exposure and guidance towards achieving my ultimate objective. In keeping with the high standards set by your institution, I believe, with my credentials, you will find me a suitable candidate.

I am confident that overall opportunity to study at this University will broaden my horizons and give me an opportunity to gain world class education and help me become an excellent world citizen.
For me, the sole reason for pursuing a more advanced education is that I have come to the moment of facing a new challenge and I need to conquer it. The height of life is reached through repeated self-transcendences—this is what I understand about the meaning of life. I have done so in the past and I will continue to do so in the future.

Last but not least, I would like to stress that I am fully determined to make the most out of this opportunity. I believe that being a student at University of xxxxxx would not only empower my career development, but would give me the framework to utilize my full potentials. Nevertheless I feel that as a Masters student at your University, I can benefit from the numerous challenging career opportunities.

Once again I am grateful for considering my application and I look forward to a favorable response.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I wish to apply for the Master's in Energy Conversion program at xxxxxx University. I will be graduating from xxxxxx and with a bachelor's in electrical engineering at the end of July 2017.

“Engineers are designers; they synthesize knowledge to produce new artifacts." Von Karman speaks of what most of us would consider the essence of engineering: engineers create things to solve problems. I have always been fascinated by new technologies and the creativity behind these inventions. This is why it did not take too long for me to realize what I want to be; an engineer, so that I can also be part of the world of innovation and use my creativity for the benefit of society.

Recently, the security of energy supply has become a critical issue for all countries because of the finite nature of fossil fuels resources and high dependence on imported fuels. Problems in the energy sector do not only relate to security of supply, but also to environmental emissions since the energy sector is the main contributor to global warming. I believe that the development of sustainable energy is one of the solutions that can ensure security of supply as well as to reduce global emissions. And that is why I decided to study renewable energy. If pollution continues to grow at current rates, environmental disasters will be inevitable in the not-too-distant future. In contrast to this scenario in the developed Western countries, a totally opposite scenario exists in many parts of the world, including my country, Ethiopia. In Ethiopia, 55% of the population is still not connected to the electricity grid. To provide electricity to them, a huge investment is required which is beyond the capacity of the Ethiopian government. Moreover, Ethiopia is a country with 12 months of sunshine which can be harnessed to mitigate the problem of energy shortage using sustainable and non-polluting technologies. This has really inspired me to apply for this master’s program. My undergraduate study helped me to grasp the basics of renewable energy, and I am also doing my thesis on the related topic of PV solar cells and their power management. I am, thus, quite familiar with the principles, fabrication and operation of PV solar cells.

Therefore, I consider that graduate study would help me progress in my chosen career, and I find the programs at your university very much in line with my areas of interest. Your master's program, with its highly competitive and research-oriented environment, would provide me the correct exposure and guidance towards achieving my ultimate objective. I believe you will find me a suitable candidate for this degree and, if I am offered a place, I will do my utmost to succeed.

Studying at XXXX University will broaden my horizons and give me an opportunity to gain a world-class education as well as help me become an excellent world citizen.

Once again, I am grateful to you for considering my application, and I look forward to your favorable response.

student13

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
Ethiopia
Thank you so much! @teechar
My study plan should be more than 800 words.

student13

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
Ethiopia
I was hoping this paragraphs will support my idea, can you go through them and see which one goes along. i would really appreciate that!

The first one

The fast growing economy, technological advancement and the global ranking education institutes of China with high reputation makes a great aspiration to the students and professionals for the better career perspectives. Thus such kind of positivity has boosted my confidence further and I am highly satisfied with the decision I have taken. Moreover, China’s diverse cultural norms and values, the famous gentle hospitality of its people and Ethiopia(Ethio)-China all weather friendly relations since past to promote bilateral trade, acceptance and peace to both sides in great clarity make me feel China as my second homeland. China is education friendly country and promoting higher education in every possible manner without discrimination of race, gender and religion. China has one of the most comprehensive quality education systems.
I have gone through the research interests of the faculty and I am excited to find that my area of focus has been well represented through the ongoing projects. I leaned of the balance between academic and recreational environment maintained at your school, necessary both for intellectual growth and personality development, something that I ardently seek in a grad school.

I have always been fascinated by the diverse culture, high education, standards and successfulness in china that led me to choose china a place where I could do my master’s degree and in there I could combat my difficulties and strengthen my abilities in my desired course, I have vast ideas that I want to contribute for the entire nation, by the help of your associative professors in the university I will be capable of publishing my thesis , share my ideas which can help to save the tomorrow future from natural and unnatural causes. The world has us its children and we are obligated to contribute something, by the application of using renewable energy intend to find a way of keeping the nonrenewable energy.

The second one

Enriched with these experiences, I realized that Graduate Study would help me proceed in my intended direction. Subsequently, I find the programs at your university, the eminent faculty, ongoing research areas that parallel with my interests.
For me, the sole reason for pursuing a more advanced education is that I have come to the moment of facing a new challenge and I need to conquer it. The height of life is reached through repeated self-transcendences—this is what I understand about the meaning of life. I have done so in the past and I will continue to do so in the future.

Everyone has a certain potential intelligence, but not everyone lives up to that potential. The important matter is nature-nurture; how much of us were born, and how much are we is influenced by our environment. Considering the influence, I believe your University will give me the perfect opportunity to develop my knowledge.

The master program in your university, with its highly competitive and research-oriented environment, would provide me the correct exposure and guidance towards achieving my ultimate objective. In keeping with the high standards set by your institution, I believe, with my credentials, you will find me a suitable candidate. I am confident that overall opportunity to study at this University will broaden my horizons and give me an opportunity to gain world class education and help me become an excellent world citizen.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I don't really like either of them. They're mostly waffle. Were you given any guidelines to follow for this study plan?

student13

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
Ethiopia
Just the number of words.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Can't you write about something more concrete/specific? You can talk about your background, achievements, goals/objectives/future aspirations, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.