Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
can I ask question, is there many ways or techniques in teaching English subject?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can I ask a question​? [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] Are there many ways or techniques [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] of teaching English? [STRIKE]subject?[/STRIKE]

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please see my corrections above. There are lots of different techniques for teaching any foreign language. What is the reason for your question?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Many techniques have been proposed, but not many have been adopted. People nowadays tend to pick and choose bits and pieces from a number of theories.

ed_phelan

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There are plenty of different teaching techniques taught on TEFL/CELTA courses but I guess that not all of these will prove to be useful throughout your teaching career. They offer you the tools to create your own teaching style, it us up to you to then define this and shape your own style.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
There are plenty of different teaching techniques taught on TEFL/CELTA courses, but I guess that not all of these will prove to be useful throughout your teaching career. They offer you the tools to create your own teaching style, and it [STRIKE]us[/STRIKE] is up to you to then define this and shape your own style.
That may well be true.

ed_phelan

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Many apologies, I was typing in a rush! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.