Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
Singapore
Hi Experts,
Kindly review my SOP and provide your valuable feedback.

-------
While working on master's project at IIT Kharagpur, I built the setup for the coating process but got stuck during experimentation process to achieve the uniform layer of coating.My supervisor advised applying the statistical approach, and then, I build my first regression model to predict the coating thickness. The analytic approach provided a different dimension to my research, which helped me to achieve A-grade in the project work. Afterward, I worked in various functions such as quality, lean six sigma, process improvement, and supply chain, however, the analytical thought process has always been instrumental in my professional success. The implementation of process improvement projects has developed my understanding of business processes and quantitative analysis.The thorough understanding of data analytics tools and techniques supplemented with my domain experience will give me a competitive edge in the corporate world.

While working at Force Motors for more than two years, I managed raw material and product quality and performed statistical analysis of inspection data by tools such as control charts, histogram, and Pareto analysis. My inclination to quantitative analysis motivated me to learn Six Sigma methodology, a data-driven approach, and achieve Black Belt certification from ASQ. After that, at JSW Steel Ltd, I worked for more than five years in the area of process improvement and supply chain. I lead Six Sigma Black Belt projects to improve quality & productivity and delivered tangible benefits to the company. One of my key project reduced the non-prime generation of product due to longitudinal cracks by 20 %, resulted in saving of 55000 USD per month. I worked with a team of 5 personnel, performed CTQ drill down, and identified significant contributors, recommended improvements and implemented an action plan. I also facilitated the raw material and inventory planning for four plants.My experience in supply chain inspired me to pursue APICS CPIM certification, and I passed four out of five modules.Implementing Six Sigma projects enhanced not only my analytical skills but also developed my communication and team skills. My experience in various functions inspired me to learn new data analytics tools and techniques and blend it with six sigma approach to analyze and improve the business process.

My immediate goal after masters is to become a data scientist doing predictive analytics in E-commerce industry such as Amazon. Predicting demand is very crucial for the firms because holding inventory is expensive and stock outs are detrimental to both short-term and long-term objectives of the company. The accuracy in prediction will deliver a substantial increase in operational efficiency. E-commerce industries have now moved from simple basket analysis to the customer's specific predictive algorithms. It seems interesting and challenging for me. Since the E- commerce industry is strategy driven, and knowledge of analytics play a critical role in decision making, taking a data analytics role will provide the perfect stepping-stone to realizing my mid-term goal of strategy manager and after that advance to the long-term goal of Vice President-Strategy.

My short-run objectives are to acquire the best tools available and combine them with the substantial business experience to fulfill my short term and long term goals.SMU MITB program has the qualities that best fit my expectation and background. It will complement my experience of quality, lean six sigma and supply chain in developing my understanding of areas I lack experience. When talking with Vignesh, an SMU MITB alumnus and now a Senior Data Scientist in Wunderland, I learned about the school's rigorous academic environment and its emphasis on experimental learning which have shaped his view of the industry and his place in it. The program offers a list of courses to pursue data scientist career but courses such as customer analytics, operation analytics, applied machine learning, spreadsheet modeling, strategy & organization found interesting to me. These courses will prepare me to explore the area of predictive analytics, which is also my short-term goal. The internship during the program will give the opportunity to apply the skills to solve real business problems. Analytics events and industry experts' lectures held by SMU will help me in expanding my network and in securing a position of data scientist. I have attended the seminar on "Building and promoting analytics in Lenovo" and "The new digital economy" held by SMU. The seminars were very interactives and gave real industry insights. I admire this mode of teaching new technology from industry experts. The more I hear and read about SMU – the more I feel I belong there.

Overall, the SMU MITB program will not only enhance my overall education experience but also aid me to materialize my career goals and aspirations. I firmly believe that with my analytical, leadership and team working skills, I would add significant value to the student community. With my domain expertise in quality, six sigma, and supply chain, I will provide a new perspective to the class.
--------

Regards
kamal kumar

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi Experts,
Kindly review my SOP and provide your valuable feedback.

-------
[STRIKE]While working on[/STRIKE] For my master's project at IIT Kharagpur, I built [STRIKE]the setup[/STRIKE] an apparatus for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a coating process but got stuck during the experimentation [STRIKE]process[/STRIKE] stage to achieve [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a uniform layer of coating. My supervisor [STRIKE]advised applying[/STRIKE] suggested using the statistical approach, [STRIKE]and then[/STRIKE] so I [STRIKE]build[/STRIKE] designed my first regression model to predict the coating thickness. The analytic approach provided a different dimension to my research, which helped me to achieve an A-grade in the project work. Afterward, I worked [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on various functions such as quality, lean Six Sigma, process improvement, and supply chain. However, the analytical thought process I learnt from that experience has always been instrumental in my subsequent professional success. The implementation of process improvement projects has developed my understanding of business processes and quantitative analysis, and the thorough understanding of data analytics tools and techniques [STRIKE]supplemented with my domain experience[/STRIKE] I gained will give me a competitive edge in the corporate world.

[STRIKE]While[/STRIKE] During my work [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] at Force Motors for more than two years, I [STRIKE]managed[/STRIKE] was responsible for the raw materials and product quality and performed statistical analysis of inspection data [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] using tools such as control charts, histograms, and Pareto analysis. My inclination to quantitative analysis motivated me to learn Six Sigma methodology, a data-driven approach, and achieve Black Belt certification from ASQ. After that, at JSW Steel Ltd, I worked for more than five years in the area of process improvement and supply chain. I [STRIKE]lead[/STRIKE] led Six Sigma Black Belt projects to improve quality & productivity and delivered tangible benefits to the company. One of my key projects reduced the non-prime generation of product due to longitudinal cracks by 20 %, and resulted in savings of 55,000 USD per month. I worked with a team of 5 personnel, performed CTQ drill down, and identified significant contributors, recommended improvements and implemented an action plan. I also facilitated the raw material and inventory planning for four plants. My experience in supply chain inspired me to pursue APICS CPIM certification, and I passed four out of five modules. Implementing Six Sigma projects enhanced not only my analytical skills but also developed my communication and team skills. My experience in various functions inspired me to learn new data analytics tools and techniques and [STRIKE]blend it[/STRIKE] combine that with the Six Sigma approach to analyze and improve the business process.

My immediate goal after the master's is to become a data scientist doing predictive analytics in e-commerce [STRIKE]industry[/STRIKE] for major multinationals such as Amazon. Predicting demand is [STRIKE]very[/STRIKE] crucial for the [STRIKE]firms[/STRIKE] success of any business because holding inventory is expensive and stock-outs are detrimental to [STRIKE]both short-term and long-term objectives of the[/STRIKE] a company. [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] Accuracy in prediction will deliver a substantial increase in operational efficiency. E-commerce industries have now moved from simple basket analysis to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] customer-specific predictive algorithms. It seems interesting and challenging for me. Since the e-commerce industry is strategy driven, and knowledge of analytics plays a critical role in decision making, taking a data analytics role will provide the perfect stepping stone for me to realize [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] my [STRIKE]mid[/STRIKE] medium-term goal of becoming a strategy manager and after that advance to the long-term goal of vice president- strategy.

[STRIKE]My short-run objectives are to acquire the best tools available and combine them with the substantial business experience to fulfill my short term and long term goals.[/STRIKE] SMU MITB program has the qualities that best fit my [STRIKE]expectation[/STRIKE] aspirations and background. It will complement my experience of quality, Lean Six Sigma and supply chain in developing my understanding of areas I lack experience in. When talking with Vignesh, an SMU MITB alumnus and now a Senior Data Scientist in Wunderland, I learned about the school's rigorous academic environment and its emphasis on experimental learning which have shaped his view of the industry and his place in it. The program offers a list of courses to pursue a career as a data scientist, [STRIKE]career but[/STRIKE] and courses such as customer analytics, operation analytics, applied machine learning, spreadsheet modeling, strategy & organization [STRIKE]found interesting[/STRIKE] are of great interest to me. These courses will prepare me to explore the area of predictive analytics, which is also my short-term goal. The internship during the program will give me the opportunity to apply the skills I learn to solve real business problems. Analytics events and industry experts' lectures held by SMU will help me in expanding my network and in securing a position [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] as data scientist. I have attended the seminars on "Building and promoting analytics in Lenovo" and "The new digital economy" held by SMU. They [STRIKE]seminars[/STRIKE] were very interactives and gave real industry insights. I admire this mode of teaching new technology [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] by industry experts. The more I hear and read about SMU, the more I feel I belong there.

[STRIKE]Overall,[/STRIKE] In short, the SMU MITB program will not only enhance my overall education experience but also aid me to [STRIKE]materialize[/STRIKE] attain my career goals and aspirations. I firmly believe that with my analytical, leadership and teamwork [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] skills, I would add [STRIKE]significant[/STRIKE] value to the student community at SMU. With my domain expertise in quality, Six Sigma, and supply chain, I will provide [STRIKE]a new[/STRIKE] another perspective to the class.

[STRIKE] Regards
[/STRIKE]
Yours faithfully,

kamal kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.