Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi, can someone please check this the following sentences? Thanks in advance.

Short summary
In pursuit of better physical appearance, a physically challenged guy turns to black magic. Unfortunately for him, his plan backfires and it ends up causing him troubles.

Long Summary
Kadek suggests that his brother Muda see Tok Long to learn the art of love spell in order to catch a jungle fowl that his heavily pregnant wife is craving for. Kadek who is physically challenged joins his brother and took the opportunity to learn the most powerful art of black magic called Charlie Chan, in order to change himself. The art learnt by the two brothers change their lives tremendously.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi, can someone please check this the following sentences? Thanks in advance.

Short summary
In pursuit of better physical appearance, a physically challenged guy turns to black magic. Unfortunately for him, his plan backfires and it ends up causing him trouble.

Long Summary
Kadek suggests that his brother Muda see Tok Long to learn the art of love spell in order to catch a jungle fowl that his heavily pregnant wife is craving for. Kadek who is physically challenged joins his brother and [STRIKE]took[/STRIKE] takes the opportunity to learn the most powerful art of black magic called Charlie Chan [Charlie Chan is the name of a person, not an art.], in order to change himself. The art learnt by the two brothers changes their lives tremendously.
I don't understand the parts highlighted in red.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
I don't understand the parts highlighted in red.

Hi teechr, my reply as below:
"art of love spell" is something like black magic spells.
Charlie Chan is not the name of a person. It's a black magic art.
I've changed the Charlie Chan to "Dark Art".

I have rewrite again and please review the revised summary as stated below.

Thank you.

Shot
Wanting to become not only taller but also good-looking, a dwarf join with his brother and turns to black magic. Unfortunately for them, their plan backfires and it ends up causing them in troubles.

Long
Kadek who is a dwarf joins his brother Muda and takes the opportunity to learn the most powerful art of black magic called “Dark Arts”, to change himself for better appearance. However, the art that learnt by the two brothers changes their lives tremendously.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Short
Wanting to become not only taller but also good looking, a dwarf joins with his brother and they turn to black magic. Unfortunately for them, their plan backfires and [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] ends up causing them [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] (serious) trouble.

Long
Kadek who is a dwarf joins his brother Muda and takes the opportunity to learn the most powerful art of black magic called “Dark Arts” to improve his physical [STRIKE]change himself for better[/STRIKE] appearance. However, the art [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] they learn [STRIKE]by the two brothers[/STRIKE] changes their lives in unexpected ways. [STRIKE]tremendously.[/STRIKE]

Status
Not open for further replies.