[CV] Could you help me to correct my CV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodyjobseeker

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
New Zealand
Hi There,
I am currently looking for a new job. Could I get your help to amend my CV? Thanks.

Dear xxxx,

Re: xxxxxxx Vacancy

I'm writing to express my interest in the XXXX position.

I have been working at chartered accounting firms for the last three years, where I have developed strong accounting skills that enable me to deal with different enterprises which include limited liability companies, look-through companies, partnerships, sole traders and trusts. Being able to be in charge of more than 200 clients' accounts, I am a very organized and work well under pressure. Now I'm looking for an Approved Training Employer to start my chartered accountant program to further expand my career.

I have good technical skills and knowledge in a wild range of competencies. I have excellent reconciliation skill and knowledge and all my clients’ tax documents are prepared and executed in accordance with IFRS’s rules. Furthermore, I am a quick learner and are comfortable with sudden changes as I can adjust myself quickly while maintaining in a good working standard.

I list following duties and responsibilities normally performed within my daily roles:
· Preparation, review and analysis of financial statements and taxation summaries

• Financial statements and tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and sole traders’
  • Consider and implement taxation planning for tax minimisation
  • Preparation and lodgement of GST, PAYE and FBT returns with the IRD
  • Liaise with clients and advise on technical matters as they arise
  • Build and maintain client relationships over time
  • Provide technical support to clients for their in-house accounting systems and software
  • Prepare budget and financial forecasts

I have enclosed my CV to support my application.

Please feel free to phone or email me if you require further information.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxx

Curriculum Vitae

Full Name:
Address:
Tel:
Email:
[h=2][/h][h=2]KEY SKILLS[/h]
Accounting software: Xero (Xero certified advisor), Xero add-ons (Inventory, Payroll), MYOB, Xero Practice Manager, Flexitime Online Payroll, Vend POS software, IRD, Companies Office, etc

Accounting skills: Accounts Reconciliation, GST, PAYE, FBT, Financial Statements, Working for Families Tax Credits, ACC, Parental Leave, Cash-flow Forecasts, Account Receivable and Debtor Management, TMNZ, client and IRD query solutions

Computer skills: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook; Adobe PDFCreator, and various office software

Business skills:
• Languages: Fluent in English and Mandarin.
• Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills- proposing, creating and assessing options.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Good customers service skills.
• Strong understanding of ethical issues and professional responsibility.

[h=2]ACHIEVEMENTS[/h]
• Processed almost 100 clients’ financial statements within two weeks to achieve the 100% filing performance as at 31 March 2015.
• Processed pay-slip and filed PAYE for more than 50 clients and 200+ employees every month.
• Helped manager to prepare 3 years’ audit documents for a group company with a total turnover of more than $30M per year and reconciled six bank accounts within one week.
• Prepared more than 60 clients’ GST report every two month and more than 100 clients’ GST report every six month on time.

[h=2]RELEVANT WORK HISTORY[/h]
Xxxxxxxx Aug 2014 - present
Accountant
Main duties:
• Preparing financial statements and tax returns for enterprises, and reporting directly to the senior accountant.
• Meeting clients and providing accounting and Xero advice, New Zealand taxation services such as GST, PAYE, FBT and cash-flow statements preparations, IRD compliance, Family Tax Credits, etc.
• Carried out bank reconciliation.
• Providing Xero customer support, answering queries, liaising with clients and IRD via phone and email.
• Entering and uploading invoices into system; processing and sending invoices and receipts to debtors; chasing outstanding payment.
• Assisting our internship students with their admin jobs.
• Other miscellaneous tasks.

Xxxxxxxxxx Sep 2013 – July 2014
Bookkeeper &Office Administrator
Main duties:
• Maintained internal document and system
• Checked and verified source documents such as invoices, receipts, computer printouts
• Collated, reconciled and balanced all accounts, analyzing account data and generating financial reports
• GST, PAYG and other business related matters
• Filled reports.

[h=2][/h][h=2]EDUCATION[/h]
Xxxxxxx 2010-2013
Bachelor of Business
In Accountancy

xxxxxx 2007-2010
Diploma in Accountancy

REFEREES

On request.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Jodyjobseeker, and welcome to the forum. :)
Dear xxxx,

Re: xxxxxxx Vacancy

I'm writing to express my interest in the XXXX position.

I have been working [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in various chartered accounting firms for the last three years, where I have developed strong accounting skills that enable me to deal with different enterprises [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] including limited liability companies, look-through companies, partnerships, sole traders and trusts. [STRIKE]Being able to be[/STRIKE] Having been in charge of more than 200 clients' accounts, I am a very organized and work well under pressure. Now I'm looking for an Approved Training Employer to start my chartered accountant program with to further expand my career.

I have [STRIKE]good[/STRIKE] strong technical [STRIKE]skills[/STRIKE] abilities and knowledge in a [STRIKE]wild[/STRIKE] wide range of competencies. I have excellent reconciliation skills and knowledge, and all my clients’ tax documents are prepared and executed in accordance with IFRS’s rules. Furthermore, I am a quick learner and [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] comfortable with sudden changes as I can adjust myself quickly while maintaining [STRIKE]in a good working[/STRIKE] my high standard of work.

I list the following duties and responsibilities normally performed within my daily roles:
· Preparation, review and analysis of financial statements and taxation summaries

• Financial statements and tax returns for companies, trusts, partnerships and sole traders [STRIKE]
  • Consider[/STRIKE] Reviewing and implementing taxation planning for tax minimisation
  • Preparation and lodgement of GST, PAYE and FBT returns with the IRD
  • Liaising with clients and providing advise on technical matters as they arise
  • Building and maintaining client relationships over time
  • Providing technical support to clients for their in-house accounting systems and software
  • Preparing budgetary and financial forecasts

I have enclosed my CV to support my application.

Please feel free to phone or email me if you require further information.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxx

Curriculum Vitae

Full Name:
Address:
Tel:
Email:

KEY SKILLS

Accounting software: Xero (Xero Certified Advisor), Xero add-ons (Inventory, Payroll), MYOB, Xero Practice Manager, Flexitime Online Payroll, Vend POS software, IRD, and Companies Office. [STRIKE], etc[/STRIKE]

Accounting skills: accounts reconciliation, GST, PAYE, FBT, financial statements, Working for Families Tax Credits, ACC, parental leave, cash-flow forecasts, accounts receivable and debtor management, TMNZ, client and IRD query solutions.

Computer skills: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook; Adobe PDFCreator, and various office software.

Business skills:
• Languages: Fluent in English and Mandarin.
• Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills- proposing, creating and assessing options.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Good customers service skills.
• Strong understanding of ethical issues and professional responsibility.

ACHIEVEMENTS

• Processed almost 100 clients’ financial statements within two weeks to achieve [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] 100% filing performance [STRIKE]as at[/STRIKE] by 31 March 2015.
• Processed pay-slip and filed PAYE for more than 50 clients and 200+ employees every month.
• Helped manager to prepare 3 years’ audit documents for a group company with a total turnover of more than $30M per year and reconciled six bank accounts within one week.
• Prepared more than 60 clients’ GST reports every two months and more than 100 clients’ GST reports every six months on time.

RELEVANT WORK HISTORY

Xxxxxxxx Aug 2014 - present
Accountant
Main duties:
• Preparing financial statements and tax returns for enterprises, and reporting directly to the senior accountant.
• Meeting clients and providing accounting and Xero advice, New Zealand taxation services such as GST, PAYE, FBT and cash-flow statements preparations, IRD compliance, Family Tax Credits, etc.
• Carrying [STRIKE]ied[/STRIKE] out bank reconciliation.
• Providing Xero customer support, answering queries, liaising with clients and IRD via phone and email.
• Entering and uploading invoices into system; processing and sending invoices and receipts to debtors; chasing outstanding payment.
• Assisting our internship students with their admin jobs.
[STRIKE] • Other miscellaneous tasks.[/STRIKE]

Xxxxxxxxxx Sep 2013 – July 2014
Bookkeeper & Office Administrator

Main duties:

• Maintained internal documents and system.
• Checked and verified source documents such as invoices, receipts, and computer printouts.
• Collated, reconciled and balanced all accounts, analyzing account data and generating financial reports.
• GST, PAYG and other business-related matters.
• Filled reports.

EDUCATION

Xxxxxxx 2010-2013
Bachelor of Business in Accountancy

xxxxxx 2007-2010
Diploma in Accountancy

REFEREES

Avaiable on request.

Jodyjobseeker

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
New Zealand
Hi Teechar,
Thanks for your help. Could I ask your help again to amend the following paragraph for an interview?

I am xxx. I have been working in chartered accounting firms for three years. My client base includes a range of small and medium-sized enterprises, such as sole trader, partnerships, Limited Liability Company and Looking- through Company.My daily job include daily transactions reconciliation; GST, PAYE and Financial statements preparation, liaising client and Inland Revenue department, answer clients queries.

When I saw the Advertising that your company need an intermediate accountant, I feel very expecting and all my skills and experience would be perfectly match with your requirement. I have processed almost 100 clients’ financial statements within 2 weeks before 31 Mar 2015 to achieve 100% filing performance and also helped manage to prepare 3 years’ audit documents for a group company with total turnover of more than $30M within one week. Bothe of them are high work load tasks. From these case, I realize how important the time management is and how to work under the high pressure.

Been in charge of around 200 clients, it is important for report the GST and PAYE on time every month. I need plan and organize the work, distinguish the priority job and keep accurate. I need made tax decisions based on numerical data to help client reduce the tax payment legally.

To the conclusion, I am very appreciate for these three years working and spend a good time in here. Now I think I am ready to take a new challenge and want to find an opportunity for next a few years.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi Teechar,
Thanks for your help. Could I ask your help again to amend the following paragraph for an interview?

I am xxx. I have been working in chartered accounting firms for three years. My client base includes a range of small and medium-sized enterprises, such as sole traders, partnerships, limited liability companies and look-through companies. My daily [STRIKE]job[/STRIKE] duties include [STRIKE]daily[/STRIKE] transaction reconciliations; GST, PAYE and financial statements preparation, liaising with clients and the Inland Revenue Department, as well as [STRIKE]answer[/STRIKE] responding to client queries.

When I saw the [STRIKE]Advertising[/STRIKE] ad/advertisement that your company needs an intermediate accountant, I [STRIKE]feel very expecting and[/STRIKE] felt excited as all my skills and experience [STRIKE]would be[/STRIKE] perfectly match with your requirements.

I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] processed almost 100 clients’ financial statements within 2 weeks before 31 Mar 2015 to achieve 100% filing performance and also helped manage to prepare 3 years’ audit documents for a group company with total turnover of more than $30M within one week. Both [STRIKE]of them are[/STRIKE] were high workload tasks. [STRIKE]From these case,[/STRIKE] I realize how important [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] time management is and how to work under [STRIKE]the high[/STRIKE] pressure.

[STRIKE]Been[/STRIKE] Being in charge of around 200 clients, it is important [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to report the GST and PAYE on time every month. I need to plan and organize the work, distinguish the high-priority [STRIKE]job[/STRIKE] tasks and always [STRIKE]keep[/STRIKE] remain accurate. I need [STRIKE]made[/STRIKE] to make tax decisions based on numerical data to help clients reduce their tax payments legally.

[STRIKE]To the conclusion, I am very appreciate for these three years working and spend a good time in here. Now I think[/STRIKE] I am looking for, and ready to take on, a new challenge to further develop my professional skills and career. [STRIKE]and want to find an opportunity for next a few years.[/STRIKE]

Status
Not open for further replies.