• Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Post A complaint to the store manager

Please help me how to write this letter properly. THANKS

To: Manager of the superstore

This evening, while I was helping myself to get a bag of bread from the stack in your store, I have noticed that one of the bread bags had yellowish, thick liquid spread on it. As a regular customer in your store, I was very disappointed and disgusted to see such item was stored like that on the stack. I would like to bring this matter to your attention so that you look into this matter seriously and take necessary steps to maintain your stacks properly.

Thank you,
    Last edited by teechar; 21-Mar-2017 at 20:37.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: A complaint to the store manager

Note that I have changed the title of your thread to "A complaint to the store manager."
    "Complain" is a verb.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: A complaint to the store manager

Quote Originally Posted by greenhouse View Post
    Please help me how to write this letter properly. THANKS Thanks.

To: The Manager [name of store] of the superstore

This evening, while I was helping myself to get taking a bag of bread from the stack in your store, I have noticed that one of the bread bags had yellowish, thick liquid spread on it. As a regular customer in your store, I was very disappointed and disgusted to see such a thing. item was stored like that on the stack. I would like to bring this matter to your attention so that you can look into this matter seriously urgently and take the necessary steps to maintain your stacks products properly.

Thank you.
    See my changes above.

"while I was helping myself to get a bag of bread" is not natural. Usually, when we say that we "help ourselves" to something, it means that we take it when perhaps we should have got someone else to get it for us, or even that we steal it! You don't need help from anyone, including yourself, to simply take bread from a shelf in a shop.
    Also, in BrE at least, we don't say "a bag of bread". It's usually a loaf of bread, even if it's wrapped in a bag made of plastic.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.