Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Jul 2015
    • Posts: 330
    #1

    A Chinese archaeologist...

    Hi, can you please check the following sentences? Thank you.

    Short summary
    A Chinese archaeologist teams up with professors from India, to locate a lost treasure and embark on an adventure that takes them from a Tibetan ice cave to Dubai to a mountain temple in India.

    Long Summary
    Chinese archaeologist professor, Jack, teams up with an Indian professor and her assistant to locate a lost ancient Indian treasure. Starting their adventure in a Tibetan ice cave, where they are ambushed by a descendant of rebel army leader, Randall, they make their way to Dubai to obtain the diamond from the ice cave that is being auctioned. With Randall hunting them down, Jack and his team travel to a mountain temple in India, using the diamond as a key to unlock the real treasure.



  2. Key Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Apr 2014
    • Posts: 4,950
    #2

    Re: A Chinese archaeologist...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaya87 View Post
    Hi, can you please check the following sentences? Thank you.

    Short summary
    A Chinese archaeologist teams up with professors from India, to locate a lost treasure and embark on an adventure that takes them from a Tibetan ice cave to Dubai to a mountain temple in India.

    Long Summary
    Chinese archaeologist professor, Jack, teams up with an Indian professor and her assistant to locate a lost ancient Indian treasure. Starting their adventure in a Tibetan ice cave, where they are ambushed by a descendant of rebel army leader, Randall, they make their way to Dubai to obtain the diamond from the ice cave that is being auctioned. With Randall hunting them down, Jack and his team travel to a mountain temple in India, using the diamond as a key to unlock the real treasure.

    This looks fine to me. I have seen the movie recently - Kungfu Yoga.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.

  3. teechar's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Feb 2015
    • Posts: 9,198
    #3

    Re: A Chinese archaeologist...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaya87 View Post


    Short summary
    A Chinese archaeologist teams up with professors from India to locate a lost treasure and embark on an adventure that takes them from a Tibetan ice cave to Dubai to a mountain temple in India.

    Long Summary
    Chinese archaeology professor, Jack, teams up with an Indian professor and her assistant to locate a lost ancient Indian treasure. Starting their adventure in a Tibetan ice cave, where they are ambushed by a descendant of the rebel-army leader, Randall, they make their way to Dubai to obtain the diamond from the ice cave that is being auctioned. With Randall on their heels, hunting them down, Jack and his team travel to a mountain temple in India, using the diamond as a key to unlock the real treasure.
    1- What do you mean by "descendant"?
    2- Who is Randall-- the leader or the "descendant"?
    3- I presume it's the diamond (not the ice cave) that gets auctioned; is that right?

  4. Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Jul 2015
    • Posts: 330
    #4

    Re: A Chinese archaeologist...

    Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    1- What do you mean by "descendant"?
    2- Who is Randall-- the leader or the "descendant"?
    3- I presume it's the diamond (not the ice cave) that gets auctioned; is that right?
    Hi teechr, based on my research, Randall- has a private armed force and the nefarious billionaire of the city. And, also I'm unsure about the "ice cave". As a result I have rewrite the synopses. Please take a look and give your feedback.

    Short summary
    An archaeology professor, Jack, and his team are on a grand quest to locate a lost Indian treasure in Tibet when they are ambushed by a group of mercenaries led by a billionaire.

    Long summary
    Chinese archaeology professor, Jack, teams up with two professors from India to find a long-lost Indian treasure in Tibet. Along the way, Jack and his team are ambushed by a group of mercenaries led by, Randall, a billionaire who claims to be the rightful heir to the treasure. After a narrow escape from the mercenaries, Jack leads his team to locate the treasure around the world with the help of his vast knowledge of history and kung fu. Will they manage to save the treasure from Randall?
    Last edited by Gaya87; 31-Mar-2017 at 04:37.

  5. teechar's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Feb 2015
    • Posts: 9,198
    #5

    Re: A Chinese archaeologist...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaya87 View Post
    to locate the treasure around the world
    What does that mean?

  6. Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Jul 2015
    • Posts: 330
    #6

    Re: A Chinese archaeologist...

    Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    What does that mean?
    They travel few places like Dubai, India, so intestate of mentioning the country name I stated they go around the world.

  7. teechar's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Feb 2015
    • Posts: 9,198
    #7

    Re: A Chinese archaeologist...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaya87 View Post
    They travel to a few places like Dubai, and India, so intestate instead of mentioning the country name, I stated they go around the world.
    I know that! What I meant was did they travel around the world to hide the treasure or to try and fine it?

    By the way, "intestate" means when someone dies without leaving a will.

  8. Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

    • Join Date: Jul 2015
    • Posts: 330
    #8

    Re: A Chinese archaeologist...

    Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    I know that! What I meant was did they travel around the world to hide the treasure or to try and fine it?

    By the way, "intestate" means when someone dies without leaving a will.
    My bad, I'm sorry for the typo error. I intend to write "instead".

    Coming back to your question, they travel around the world to find the treasure.

  9. Moderator
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Jun 2010
    • Posts: 28,557
    #9

    Re: A Chinese archaeologist...

    Quote Originally Posted by tedmc View Post
    This looks fine to me. I have seen the movie recently - 'Kungfu Yoga'.
    Thank you, Ted.

    Gaya, you should always tell us the title of the film you are summarising

  10. teechar's Avatar
    Moderator
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Feb 2015
    • Posts: 9,198
    #10

    Re: A Chinese archaeologist...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaya87 View Post
    As a result, I have rewritten rewrite the synopses. Please take a look and give your feedback.

    Short summary
    An archaeology professor, Jack, and his team are on a grand quest to locate a lost Indian treasure in Tibet when they are ambushed by a group of mercenaries led by a billionaire.

    Long summary
    Chinese archaeology professor, Jack, teams up with two professors from India to find a long-lost Indian treasure in Tibet. Along the way, Jack and his team are ambushed by a group of mercenaries led by, Randall, a billionaire who claims to be the rightful heir to the treasure. After a narrow escape from the mercenaries, Jack leads his team around the world to locate the treasure around the world with the help of his vast knowledge of history and skills in Kung Fu. Will they manage to save the treasure from Randall?
    .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •