• Thread starter MightyFine
  • Start date
  • Views : 2,111
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MightyFine

Hi fellow members!

For school, I have an assignment that requires me to create a reading list. I'm working on my own, however would love to see what your list would look like.

Conditions:

The list should have sufficient literary content. This content is considered when determining the grade.

The list has to contain six works which are fully and originally English novels or plays, five poems and five short stories; Only one title per author. It is accepted that one author a novel, a poem and a short story on the list.

The list should provide a mixed picture of the entire literature; that is a variation of genre and work of past and present: at least two novels or plays, and two poems before 1900.

Operations are accepted only if the translation concerns an old version of English from before 1700 to the current version.

Not allowed are: Pupils or students versions of works.

On the list you'll provide the following information:

o writer,
o the title,
o the year of first publication

The works should be listed in chronological order by genre.

I'm looking forward to your choices and will upload my own once its finished! Of course, I will also provide the grade I received, if anyone is interested in that!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Just to avoid any suggestion of our assisting with your homework, why don't you tell us your list, then tell us your grade when you get it, and after that we'll tell you our choices?

Thanks.

M

MightyFine

What a very warm welcome (not). I mean, since when did asking for comparison material in order to improve ones own work is considered as making ones homework?

Deleting my account straight away.

:hi:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The assignment itself needs some grammar and punctuation tweaking, for what it's worth.

Which is apparently nothing, considering you're no longer a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.