Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
respected sir,
pls send me the sample letter to school principle for joining late.
my son got admission in new school. it reopen date on next month 1.4.17. but he is having his final exam in
current studying school from 7th to 21th of april. so he can only join his new school from 1st of march 2017. '
request letter to principle not joining on 1st april for the above given reason.
waiting for your letter format

thanking you
best regards

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Respected Sir, [/STRIKE] Hello everyone.

[STRIKE]pls[/STRIKE] Please send me [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a sample letter to write to a school principal [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] about a child joining late.

My son [STRIKE]got[/STRIKE] has been granted admission [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to a new school. It reopens [STRIKE]date[/STRIKE] on [STRIKE]next[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]month[/STRIKE] 1.4.17 (no full stop here) but [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] my son is [STRIKE]having[/STRIKE] taking his final exams [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at his current [STRIKE]studying[/STRIKE] school from 7th to [STRIKE]21th[/STRIKE] 21st of April, so he can only join his new school from 1st of [STRIKE]March[/STRIKE] May 2017.

I need to write a [STRIKE]request[/STRIKE] letter to the principal to explain why my son will not be joining on 1st April. [STRIKE]for the above given reason.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]waiting[/STRIKE] I look forward to seeing [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] your letter format.

Thank[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] you.

Best regards.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

First, please see my corrections above. It is very important to follow these rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".

We don't write letters here for people. I suggest you write the letter as you would in your own language, and then do your best to translate it into English. Then please post the English version here and we will comment on it.

SAKHIYANI03

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hey thanks a lot for making the corrections..

here is my letter so please go through it and make necessary changes.

Respected sir,

I Amin sakhiyani father of Usman sakhiyani who has been granted admission in your school for grade - 3 would like to request you for joining the school late. As in his current school exams are going to be finished at the end of april so he can only join your school from the 1st of may 2017.
i am taking all the assurance that he will cover his study which will be lost for the 1 month.

thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hey thanks a lot for making the corrections.

here is my letter so please go through it and make necessary changes.

Respected sir,

I (missing punctuation) Amin sakhiyani (missing punctuation) father of Usman sakhiyani who has been granted admission in your school for grade - 3 (missing punctuation) (missing word) would like to request you for joining the school late. As in his current school exams are going to be finished at the end of april so he can only join your school from the 1st of may 2017.
i am taking all the assurance that he will cover his study which will be lost for the 1 month.

thank you.

Please read post #2 again, particularly the rules of written English. I have marked all the errors in your post above in red. Some are errors in punctuation, some are errors in capitalisation, some are grammatical errors, and there are missing words and missing punctuation. Try to fix as many as you can.
If you look carefully at post #2, you will see what is wrong with, for example "april".

You need to capitalise the family name as well as the first name of both you and your son.

The final sentence is not grammatical. Please try to write it in a different way.

Also, note that we don't start letters with "Respected Sir". You can use "Dear Sir" if you know you are writing to a man. It would be better if you found out the name of the principal and used the name.

SAKHIYANI03

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear Sir,

I, Amin Sakhiyani, father of Usman Sakhiyani who has been granted admission to your school for grade 3. As his current school exams are going to be finished at the end of April, so he can only join your school from the 1st of May 2017.
I am taking all the assurance that he will cover his study which will be lost for the 1 month.

Thank you.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Dear Sir,

Joining School on a Later Date

I, Amin Sakhiyani, father of Usman Sakhiyani who has been granted admission to your school for Grade 3, would like to seek your kind permission to allow my son to join your school at a later date. As his [STRIKE]current[/STRIKE] school exams in his current schoool are going to [STRIKE]be[/STRIKE] finish[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] at the end of April, so he can only join your school[STRIKE] from[/STRIKE] on the 1st of May 2017.

I [STRIKE]am taking all the assurance[/STRIKE] assure you that he will[STRIKE] cover[/STRIKE] catch up on his [STRIKE]study[/STRIKE] schoolwork which [STRIKE]will be lost [/STRIKE] he will miss for the [STRIKE]1[/STRIKE] one month.

Thank you.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear Sir,

[STRIKE]I, Amin Sakhiyani,[/STRIKE] I am the father of Usman Sakhiyani, who has been granted admission to your school for grade 3. As his current school exams [STRIKE]are going to be finished[/STRIKE] will not finish [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] until the end of April, [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] he [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]only[/STRIKE] will not be able to join your school [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] until [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] 1st [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] May 2017.

[STRIKE]I am taking all the assurance that he will cover his study which will be lost for the 1 month.[/STRIKE] I confirm that he will catch up on any work he misses during April.

I look forward to hearing from you.

[STRIKE]Thank you.[/STRIKE] Yours faithfully

Amin Sakhiyani

See above. I still think it would be better for you to address the letter to the principal by name. If your son has been accepted for a place at the school, I'm sure you have the principal's name. It should be addressed to "Dear Mr [surname]" and the closing should then be "Yours sincerely".

SAKHIYANI03

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
What if there is a lady principal?? Can i write Dear Madam?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What if [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] the principal is a lady? [STRIKE]principal??[/STRIKE] Can I write "Dear Madam"?

Yes, you can. Do you really not know the principal's name? PLEASE remember to capitalise the word "I" (first person singular) every time you write/type it.

Status
Not open for further replies.