Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
Philippines
Hello everyone, I have to write this cover letter for a french university to learn english and french. They ask meto write it in english but I need someone to correct it. Can you help me please ? It's really important :(

Dear Sir or Madam,

With this letter, I would like to express my interest in joining the LLCER English Specialization and modern literature double degree.

I am currently in my final year at [Name of my school] highschool at [name of the city] preparing my scientific baccalaureat with the option specilizing in engineer science. While I was learning English level, Chinese level and Japanese level I found myself a real passion for those langages, their complexities and the richness of their culture. The origins of the words, the variety in grammar and all the expressions diversity awake my curiosity. I have a particular fondness in british English by its finess and elegance. I adore the variation of the English such as the accent, the spelling or the vocabulary, witch have been built around all the English-speaking country.

My working habits is to summarise my lessons by/while enriching them with some personal research that I do on the Internet or in the library. I also request futher information to my professor as well. I am a well-focused/serious student, this characteristic trait allow me to review my lesson without losing/running out of patience. I am open-minded too, I’m always trying to understand the different cultures and their ideas. Nevertheless, I sometimes have difficulties to clearly speak my mind. But I’m trying my best to enhance it, by ordering my thought to make the best possible use of it. To succeed, I personally believe that being passionate in a langage without neglecting/compromise its other aspect like history, society, politics or even the religion.

My main goal is to become a interpreter in French and English. It would allow me to forge a link between both countries but also between both cultures and mentality that they embody. Therefore, I feel that the quality of instruction you provide is the most suitable education for me to achieve this objective/target. I look forward to following the LLCER English Specialization and modern literature double degree. This higher quality education and training will improve my knowledge witch is acrucial factor to become an interpreter.

Beside the highschool, I am practicing karate for six years. This sport provide me a competitive spirit. Generally, doing sport helped me to released/to take a break from the mental tension I’m accumulating during the day. OR (every day routine and its mental tension). I enjoy watching movies in English and comparing them with the French version. When I read a novel, I’m always doing some research on /identifying the revelant terms in both langages.

Lastly, I had the opportunity to meet one of your former student who explained me the basis/principle of this double degree which it had even more motivate me to continue my education in your institution.

Thank you for your kind attention to this letter. Please accept, Sir, Madam, the assurances of my highest consideration.

Yours faithfully,

[My Name]

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir or Madam,

With this letter, I would like to express my interest in applying for the English and Modern Literature double degree at LLCER.

I am currently in my final year at Gerard Depardieu High School in Paris, preparing for my baccalaureat (science stream) with an elective in engineering science. While I was learning English, Chinese and Japanese, I found I had a real passion for those languages, their complexities and the richness of their culture. The origins of the words, the variety in grammar and the amazing diversity of expressions aroused my curiosity. I have a particular fondness for British English, for its finesse and elegance. I am fascinated by the variety of English accents and the rich vocabulary of the language in all its forms.

I like to summarise what I learn in class, but I also enjoy doing my own research on the Internet or in the library to supplement my notes. I also often ask for further information from my teachers to gain a more in-depth understanding of a topic. I am a focused, hard-working and determined student, and I take a patient attitude to learning. I am open-minded too; I’m always trying to understand other cultures and their ideas. Nevertheless, I sometimes have difficulty trying to express an idea in English. I believe your programme will help me broaden my understanding and improve my command of English by teaching me the language in context, as related to history, society, politics or even religion.

My main goal is to become an interpreter in French and English, and I feel that the LLCER programme is the perfect option to help me achieve my objective. The high quality of education and training will undoubtedly prepare me to become an excellent professional interpreter.

Outside of school, I have been practising karate for six years. This sport has helped me to develop a competitive spirit. Generally, doing sports helps me to relax and take a break from studying. I enjoy watching movies in English and comparing them with the French versions. When I read a novel, I’m always doing some research to identify the relevant terms in both languages.

Lastly, I had the opportunity to meet one of your former students, who talked to me about this double degree, and that has motivated me even more to apply to your institution.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Status
Not open for further replies.