[Essay] Young people don`t pay enough attention to their health and fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

x404x

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Topic: Young people don`t pay enough attention to their health and fitness.

Writing:

That statement is anything but true – according to statistic in the United States for a period of 2011-2014 the prevalence of obesity has remained fairly stable at about 17% and affects about 12.7 million children and adolescents. Just think about it – more than 12 million children with potential for cardiovascular diseases and a range of cancers. So, why do we have such terrible numbers? I think, I know who to blame.

Media and social tendencies.
There is simply not enough propaganda of healthy lifestyle that targets young audience. Furthermore, there are movements (for instance: The fat acceptance movement) that advertises tolerance to obesity with messages like this: it doesn`t matter how I look: fat or thin, what matters is what kind of person I am.

Possible ways to fight with it.
I believe that media must be challenged with task of bringing the truth about obesity and its risks. Children must be provided with support from their family, teachers and the government.

PS: I was limited to 180 words. This one has 174.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

When are you going to submit your essay to your English teacher for marking/grading?

x404x

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

When are you going to submit your essay to your English teacher for marking/grading?
I plan on doing it tomorrow.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Then we wish you good luck. As you should have noted in the forum guidelines/rules, we can't help with homework, assignments or any other work which will be handed in to your teacher for marking or grading.

All the work you hand in must be your own work, done without any outside help. Your teacher is not interested on what we can write. Your teacher is only interested in what you can write.

When you get your essay back from your teacher, you can come back to us if there are any comments or corrections that you don't understand and your teacher can't explain.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.