• Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

What do you think about my day ?

Hi,

In order to improve my writing skills, I decided to summarize my day. Could you help to find errors or sentences that had to be reformulated ?

Thanks in advance.

"At 12 a.m , the real start of a day, I was already awake. In fact my rhythm of sleep is not a good point at all. I was discussing with a friend, helping him in biostatistics & also to write a paragraph in immunology. In the same time, I had to clean the house because I had to welcome my friends in the evening. The discussion lasted 4 hours, of course we made some pauses. At 5 a.m I had started to clean the bathroom, and to wash the dishes. I didnít eat at all, I only drank water. I began to clean the room but it was already the time to prepare myself in order to referee a match in my town. It was 9 past ten when I arrived in the stadium, the welcome was good, the stadium wasnít so good. I did not warm up a lot because I have a pain in my leg since three weeks and I havenít started the recovery yet. Physically speaking, I was not at the level at all. In the management of the players I think that I was doing a great job. In my decisions, sometimes they were good, sometimes not which is maybe the consequence of a bad stamina. The score was 2-2 at the final whistle despite the fact that the local team was leading 2-0 at the halftime. They gave me bread with cheese at the end of the match. At a quarter past 1 p.m I was in my room. I took a bath, and I wash a ton of clothes. That was a bad mistake because neither the clothes were dry nor It smelt good. I had not the time to finish the houseís cleaning before I had to leave to welcome my friends. They arrived in my city at 5 p.m."

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: What do you think about my day ?

Quote Originally Posted by beginner93 View Post
    Hi,

In order to improve my writing skills, I decided to summarize my day. Could you help to find errors or sentences that had to be reformulated ?

Thanks in advance.

"At 12 a.m., the real start of the day for me, I was already awake. In fact, my rhythm of sleep hasn't been great lately. is not a good point at all. I was discussing that with a friend while helping him in biostatistics & also and to write a paragraph in immunology. In At the same time, I had to clean the house because I had to welcome my friends were visiting in the evening. The discussion lasted four hours, and of course we made had some breaks (in between). pauses. At 5 a.m., I had started to cleaning the bathroom and to washing the dishes. I didnít eat at all; I only drank water. I began to clean the room, but it was already the time to prepare myself in order get ready to referee a match in my town. It was nine past ten when I arrived in the stadium, the welcome was good, but the stadium wasnít so good. I did not warm up a lot much before the game because I've had have a pain in my leg since for three weeks, and I havenít started the fully recovered yet. y yet. Physically, speaking, I was not in great shape at the level at all, In the management of but as far as controlling the players, I think that I was doing did a great job. In my decisions, Some of my decisions times they were good, sometimes not which is maybe the consequence of a bad stamina. The score was 2-2 at the final whistle despite the fact that the home local team was leading 2-0 at the halftime. They gave me bread with cheese at the end of the match [Was that to thank you? Was it a sandwich?]. At a quarter past 1:15 p.m., I was back in my room. I took a bath and washed a ton of clothes. That was a bad mistake because neither the clothes were dry nor It smelt good. I had did not have the time to finish the house cleaning before I had to leave to welcome my friends at the airport. They arrived in my city at 5 p.m."
    I don't understand the text highlighted in blue.