Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I would like to apply for a second degree. Below is the application letter. Please correct it. Thank you.:-D

I am writing with regards to the application of the program, as I would like to be an occupational therapist in the future. I think I possess the right attributes and experience for this program.

For personality, I have high EQ. This can be supported by the fact that I have joined a summer internship program during summer holidays, which required high degree of patience and persistence. My internship program consisted of two major parts – summer day camp for children and a large scale exhibition. For summer day camp, interns needed to organize a 5-day summer day camp for the applicants, who mostly aged below 10. It was upon us to conduct all the activities we had planned like the guided tour.

For my studies, I have obtained a bachelor degree in environmental science last year. My studies requires to take courses related to biology. Though these are elementary biology courses, this provided me an insight to human anatomy and physiology. I believe I can handle such courses fairly well as suggested by my academic result. Also, I have taken biology and chemistry during my high school. I believe I am capable of handling this program in the upcoming years.

For my past experience, I broke my arms a few years ago and consulted an occupational therapist for treatment, making me interested in pursuing my career in this field. I broke both arms during an accident while I was travelling in the mainland. I was extremely nervous that time as my arms could not move and I felt tremendous pain. I got back to Hong Kong immediately and the doctor referred my case to an occupational therapist. She explained to me my conditions in a nice and professional way, making me less worrisome. She made me an arm splint through repeated measurements and fittings. This interested me a lot from the way she made the hand splint. And I gained full recovery after two months with the help of the hand splint and the exercises she recommended to me.

For my hobbies, I enjoy weight-training a lot and I think this is relevant to occupational therapy. I have this habit for more than 2 years, and I started it because I would like to be more physically fit. Afterwards, I figured out weight-training not only can make one fit, but it also keeps people motivated with the help of a program and suitable equipment. This is because one needs to have a program for execution in order to make progress. Also, basic concepts regarding to different muscle groups in the body and how various exercises can stimulate muscle growth are needed to make the program effective. And I think this shares a great resemblance to occupational therapy. An occupational therapist needs to find tailor-made solutions or tasks for his or her patients to practice in a view to achieving full recovery. This also requires biological knowledge, program, and equipment.

I sincerely hope that I can be given a chance for an interview as I have genuine interest in your program. Thank you.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I thought you were in the process of becoming an immigration officer! Have you changed your mind about that?

yslamac

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Yes, but the process takes around a year. This is my plan B:-|

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I wish to apply for the ABCD program, as I would like to be an occupational therapist in the future. I think I possess the right attributes and experience for this program.

I consider myself to a patient, focused and determined person. During the last summer holidays, I participated in an internship program. That consisted of two major parts – a summer day camp for children and a large-scale exhibition. For the summer day camp, interns needed to organize a 5-day program for the children, who were mostly aged below 10. It was left to us to conduct all the activities we had planned like the guided tour, for example. I found it a little challenging to control children of that age, but I soon adapted and succeeded in that role.

I graduated with a bachelor's degree in environmental science last year. As part of my studies, I was required to take courses related to biology. Although those were elementary biology courses, they, nonetheless, provided me with an insight to human anatomy and physiology. I believe I can handle such courses fairly well in future, as suggested by my academic results. Also, I studied biology and chemistry during my high school. Therefore, I believe I am capable of successfully completing this program.

I broke my arms a few years ago and consulted an occupational therapist for treatment at the time. As a result, I became fascinated by the work done by occupational therapists, and I decided to pursue my career in this field. I broke both arms in an accident while I was travelling in mainland China. I was extremely nervous at the time as my arms could not move, and I felt tremendous pain. I got back to Hong Kong immediately, and the doctor referred my case to an occupational therapist. She explained to me my condition in a clear and professional way, which helped allay my worries. She made an arm splint for me through repeated measurements and fittings. I made a full recovery after two months with the help of that splint and the exercises she recommended to me.

For my hobbies, I enjoy weight-training a lot, and I think this is relevant to occupational therapy. I started weight-training just over two years ago because I wish to be fitter physically. I also find it helps keep me motivated.

I sincerely hope that I can be given a chance for an interview as I have a genuine interest in your program.

Thank you for considering my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.