Student or Learner
Native Language
Gujarati
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Respected Madam,

My daughter xxx & son xxx who has been granted admission in class VI and V in your school would not be able to resume school until 1[SUP]st[/SUP] May 2017.

Reason being they have not completed the academic year in the present school and their results will be out by post. So at this stage, it is very hard to predict the right date for results and then to apply for leaving certificate.

I confirm that they will catch up on any work missed during April. We will keep you posted as and when we get the results and the Leaving certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I don't understand your letter. If the new school has accepted them, why can't they start there? Why do they need to wait for the results from their present school?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is the second thread in the last week on the same topic. It appears that in both cases it is a conditional offer from the new school. It appears that, in India, a student can't start at a new school without a leaving certificate from their previous school.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Respected Madam,

My daughter xxx and son xxx who [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] have been granted admission in class VI and V respectively in your school would not be able to resume school until 1[SUP]st[/SUP] May 2017.

[STRIKE] Reason being[/STRIKE] This is because they have not yet completed the academic year in their present school, and their results will be sent later. [STRIKE]out by post.[/STRIKE] So at this stage, it is very hard to predict the [STRIKE]right[/STRIKE] date for getting the results and then to apply for their leaving certificates.

I confirm that they will catch up on any work missed during April. We will keep you posted as and when we get the results and the leaving certificates.

Status
Not open for further replies.