English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Please check my letter and help polish it. Many thanks in advance.

Hello there. The following is my attempt at writing a request to a job advertisement, which is used as a possible version for my students. Can you please check it and help me polish it? Many thanks in advance.

Oh, by the way, there are two places underlined below. I write a slash between alternatives for each place. And I want to know — which alternative you think is more natural or better in its place?

************************************************** *************************************

Dear Chris(the Editor-in-chief of our school website),

I’m writing to apply for the position of Web Editor, advertised on our school website. I feel I am well qualified for the position because I always care a lot about current affairs and take great interest in journalism. Also, I’m good at English. Once I got the first prize in an English Writing Competition in our school. In addition,I worked as a reporter for our school newspaper last year,/I have had one year experience as a reporter with our school newspaper, which will surely help me do the job better.

A position with our school website would give me the opportunity to work part-time in the job that I love.

I would be happy to attend an interview at any time convenient to you.

I look forward to hearing from you. / Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,
    Li Hua

Excuse me for my carelessness. I posted it to the wrong place again. Please help me move it to Letter Writing Sub-forum.
    Last edited by rodgers white; 16-Apr-2017 at 15:29.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Please check my letter and help polish it. Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by rodgers white View Post
    Hello there. The following is my attempt at writing a job application letter/email, request to a job advertisement, which is used as a possible version for my students. Can you please check it and help me polish it? Many thanks in advance.

Oh, by the way, there are two places underlined below . I write where I've used a slash between alternatives. for each place. And I want to know ó Please let me know which alternative you think is more natural or suitable. better in its place?

************************************************** *************************************

Dear Chris, (the Editor-in-chief of our school website),

Iím writing to apply for the position of Web Editor, advertised on our school website. I feel I am well qualified for the position because I always care a lot about current have a genuine and longstanding interest in our school's affairs, and take great I'm very interested in journalism too. Also, Iím good at quite proficient in English. Once I got the I won first prize in an English writing competition in our school last month. In addition,I worked as a reporter for our school newspaper last year,/I have had one year's experience as a reporter with our school newspaper, which I believe will be very useful in this position. surely help me do the job better.

After high school, I plan to study journalism or web publishing, so this part-time role would be ideal for me to get valuable experience in this field.
    A position with our school website would give me the opportunity to work part-time in the job that I love.

I would be happy to attend an interview at any time convenient to you.

I look forward to hearing from you. / Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,

Li Hua