Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I need to know my weak points not just proofreading that article to avoid them in the future.
Thank in advance.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello,
I'm writing technical articles on a website.
I need to know your opinion as native speakers about my article. Is it grammatical and acceptable?

Before I show you how to auto-start WampServer, I’ll talk about it a bit.
WampServer is one of the best stacks for web development [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on the Windows platform. I prefer it [STRIKE]over[/STRIKE] to XAMPP [STRIKE]xampp[/STRIKE] because of the handy tray menu that let's [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] the user access any configuration.
You can download WampServer from this website www.abcd.eg.

The problem

Recently, I’ve tried installing WampServer on Windows 10, and it [STRIKE]goes[/STRIKE] went well, but there was a little problem.
[STRIKE]When[/STRIKE] I tried to [STRIKE]autostart[/STRIKE] make WampServer [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] load automatically with Windows 10 startup by putting the WampServer shortcut [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in this path:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
However, I found that WampServer [STRIKE]does[/STRIKE] did not auto-start with Windows.

I searched the web for a solution for that problem, and I found the following:

The first solution suggested putting the WampServer shortcut [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the above-mentioned path, but as I've already explained, [STRIKE]and as I told you[/STRIKE] that does not work. [STRIKE]auto start wampserver.[/STRIKE]
The second solution suggested enabling the WAMP Apache service and the WAMP mysqld [STRIKE]wampmysqld[/STRIKE] services [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] in Windows. [STRIKE]services.[/STRIKE]
For that, you need to go to Control Panel, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] type "services" [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the search box, [STRIKE]text[/STRIKE] and [STRIKE]hit[/STRIKE] click on it as shown below:
[image here]
You then select [STRIKE]wampapache[/STRIKE] WAMP Apache and set the startup type to automatic and do the same for [STRIKE]wampmysqld[/STRIKE] WAMP mysqld and [STRIKE]hit[/STRIKE] click OK. [STRIKE]Anytime[/STRIKE] When you reboot your machine, you will notice that both [STRIKE]apache[/STRIKE] Apache and MySQL load up. [STRIKE]work.[/STRIKE]
[image here]

So you might think that now you can auto-start WampServer and everything is good.
Unfortunately, that solution does not show the WampServer tray menu on the bottom.

Most [STRIKE]of the wampserver[/STRIKE] WampServer users use [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] that tray because of the fast access it provides to everything [STRIKE]from that tray menu, you can access[/STRIKE] including PHPMyAdmin, the www folder, PHP, Mysql and Apache configurations.

So I discovered the solution, and I’d like to share it with you.

The Solution is to disable the UAC on Windows in order to make the program auto-start with Windows.

If you go to Windows Control Panel and select User Account Control Settings and change it to never notify, that won’t work too. [STRIKE]Do not panic I’ve got your back.
[/STRIKE]
The Solution

The solution is a bit tricky but relatively [STRIKE]super[/STRIKE] easy.
Because what we have done to disable the UAC does not disable it completely, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] in order to disable the UAC, you have to disable it from the registry.
Just type regedit in the Windows menu search and go to [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] this node:
[image]

You will find a key named EnableLUA. Set its value to zero, and it will prompt you to restart the system.
You can save the following text as a .reg file and run it as administrator and it will do the same job.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
“EnableLUA”=dword:00000000

Keep in mind that disabling the UAC (User Access Control) is not a good idea, as you may harm the system, but I suppose that you know what you are doing and that you will be careful.

seco

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Thank you very much.
From what you've seen, what is my main weak point that I should take care of?
Best Regards.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I don't see major problems, but you might want to look at tenses, prepositions and capitalization.

seco

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Sorry, do you know a useful link for prepositions and capitalization.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Status
Not open for further replies.