Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
First of all, I wanna thank anybody can help me in revising this letter. This is my first attempt and I'm open to hearing your correction and enhancements.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing this letter to express my interest in applying for the M.Sc. program of “Information and Communication Engineering “at the Technical University of Darmstadt. I appreciate this opportunity to provide further information in support of my admission procedure and I strongly believe that my educational background and deep concern in this field of study make me a very good candidate for this program.
My passion towards Technology has started since my childhood. I was fond of any electronic devices. I used to think how Computers work and to ask myself how a piece of metal communicate, i.e. Mobile Phones. So, in high school, I chose mathematics and physics as my majors. Then, I admitted to the University of Assuit in Egypt to get my Bachelor’s degree in "Communication & Electronics Engineering". There, I studied various subjects related to Digital Communication and Computers but what grasped my interest were Information Technology and Networking so that I have decided to pursue a career in the field of IT and to be an IT Expert.
Currently, I’m working as Network Engineer at Orange Company. My key responsibilities include troubleshooting Network’s incidents and solving customer’s technical problems. Working at such a challenging position has founded my technical knowledge in the field of IT and has significantly improved my communication skills. During these two years, I have been part of several technical projects within the team which has improved my abilities of time and team management. Also, I have participated in some inter-team projects which have provided me with invaluable experience in interacting with people from different departments with diverse educational and social backgrounds.
Now, after this period of practical experience, I believe that Bachelor degree is not enough in today's competitive world and further education is very important. The communication industry worldwide is developing at a very rapid pace so I believe that a specialized international degree would enable me to keep up with latest global developments in this field.
Deciding the subject wasn’t the hardest part, it was choosing the country. Of course, Germany, which is one of the most popular destinations for international students, was on top of my list because I believe I can adapt easily in such a decent community where people of all cultures and nationalities can accord together. Also, German universities provide their students with superb conditions for studying and for research in addition to outstanding technical facilities. Finally, I believe a Master degree in Germany will open opportunities for me not only in Germany but all over the world because German degrees are well-known internationally.

I have chosen the Automation and IT program at TH Köln in particular because it has different areas of knowledge and various modules that match my academic objectives especially, Industrial Communications and IT Security modules. I believe that these modules can broaden my theoretical and practical knowledge and can improve my opportunities in the job market. The existence of case studies is a strong factor in making my decision because it simulates real life experience and combines theories and practical training together. Also, the reputation the institute has in the industry and its strong relations with companies.
I strongly believe that my previous education and professional experience will be very helpful while studying in this program. Also, I am confident that the ICE program will help me taking a giant step towards achieving my professional goals. Therefore I would be honored if you decide to accept my candidateship for this graduate program.

Thank you for your consideration.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing this letter to express my interest in applying for the M.Sc. program in Information and Communication Engineering at the Technical University of Darmstadt. I appreciate this opportunity to provide further information in support of my application, and I strongly believe that my educational background and genuine interest in this field of study make me a very suitable candidate for this program.

My passion for technology started in my childhood. I was always interested in all kinds of electronic devices. I used to think about how computers worked and to marvel how a small mobile phone can enable people to communicate remotely. In high school, I chose mathematics and physics as my majors. I subsequently enrolled at the University of Assuit in Egypt to do a bachelor’s degree in Communication & Electronics Engineering. There, I studied various subjects related to digital communication and computers, but what attracted my interest were the topics of information technology and networking, and I decided to pursue a career in the field of IT.

Currently, I’m working as network engineer at Orange Egypt. My key responsibilities include troubleshooting network incidents and solving customers' technical problems. Working in such a challenging role has helped me consolidate my technical knowledge and has significantly improved my communication skills. During these two years, I have been part of several technical projects which has improved my abilities of time- and team management. Also, I have also assisted with some inter-team projects which has provided me with invaluable experience in interacting with people from different departments with diverse educational and social backgrounds.

Now, after gaining that practical experience, I believe that a bachelor's degree is not enough in today's competitive world, and further education is very important. The communication industry worldwide is developing at a very rapid pace, so I believe that a specialized international degree would enable me to keep up with the latest global developments in this field.

Deciding the subject wasn’t the hardest part, but choosing the country was. Of course, Germany, which is one of the most popular destinations for international students, was on top of my list because I believe I can adapt easily in such a decent community where people of all cultures and nationalities live and work together. Also, German universities provide their students with superb conditions for studying and for research in addition to outstanding technical facilities. Finally, I believe a master's degree in Germany will open opportunities for me not only in Germany but all over the world because German degrees are highly regarded internationally.

I have chosen the Automation and IT program at TH Köln in particular because it has different areas of study and various modules that match my academic objectives, especially the Industrial Communications and IT Security modules. I believe that these modules can broaden my theoretical and practical knowledge and can improve my opportunities in the job market. The use of case studies is another strong factor in making my decision because it simulates real-life experience and combines theories and practical training together. Also, the reputation the institute has in the industry and its strong relations with companies are further reasons behind my choice.

I am confident that the ICE program will help me greatly in achieving my professional goals. Therefore I would be honoured if you decide to accept my candidateship for this graduate program.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Ahmed Ali

ahmed fakkar

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Thanks Ahmed for your consideration and revision.

I just want to ask about the tense of this sentence " how computers worked ". Is it true to use past simple?

Thanks in advance

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

ahmed fakkar