Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
I am a student at a school of dentistry. It goes without saying that I will probably be a dentist in the future, but I am not going to write about that here because it is not my “dream”. It is just something I will do to put dinner on the table. It is just an obligation. If you focus too much on what you want and pursuing money and fame, you will never get to the point where you appreciate what you have and the fact that you are alive and breathing.

“What is your dream, then?” you might ask. My dream is to surround myself with good people and always have a smile on my face. That is my dream. We live in a day and age where we have too many things and too many options. When we accomplish something, soon we are worried about what to do next. We should stop and think about our life sometimes. A few weeks ago, my old friend from high school called me out of the blue and started talking about how he was enjoying hanging out with girls and drinking alcohol. He went on to say that girls and alcohol are what you should seek after in life. I was surprised. He is 22 years old! I met some other guy from junior high and he started preaching about pride and money. Some people might smack me and say, “That’s our privilege as a college student! We drink the night away!” but I disagree. Now is the time to think about what you want your life to look like and work towards it. People say I am old fashioned, but I guarantee that they will realize someday that they wasted their time chasing after things that were not worthwhile. But when people start working hard, most of the time, they confuse their needs and start going after material things and possessions. However, I would suggest to those people that they be rich and famous, because when they do become rich and famous, then they will realize that those things are not what to seek after in life. The other day I saw a famous football player being interviewed on tv. He has a nice car and a beautiful wife that many guys would go crazy chasing after. Having all the things we want, he goes on to say “I am very happy with my life, but I feel like there’s more out there that I don’t have yet.”

DrBlueThumb

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"... what you should seek after in life" is incorrect. Remove "after". You used the same phrase again later on. Remove "after" there too.

It's "TV", not "tv".

Status
Not open for further replies.