• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: Persuasive and informative essay

Live phytoplankton and copepods are more nutritious than other foods. Firstly, they are loaded with calories which is an important source of energy for the consuming prey. Secondly they contain multivitamins and minerals which support the immune system. Thirdly, they are high in protein and amino acids which are the building blocks of the marine animals cells. finally, they have essential fatty acids in them which is used for sufficient diffusion of nutrients within the organisms structure and to keep the nervous system in proper condition. For these reasons live phytoplankton and copepods are more nutritious than dead frozen or dried artificial foods.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by DrBlueThumb View Post
    Live phytoplankton and copepods are more nutritious than other foods. Firstly, they are loaded with calories which is and an important source of energy for the species that eat them. consuming prey. Secondly, they contain multivitamins and minerals which support the immune system. Thirdly, they are high in proteins and amino acids which are the building blocks of the marine animals' cells. Finally, they have essential fatty acids in them which is used for ensure sufficient diffusion of sufficient nutrients within the organisms' structure and to keep the nervous system in proper condition. For these reasons, live phytoplankton and copepods are more nutritious than dead, frozen or dried artificial foods.
    That's okay, but you could probably do a bit more research and give more specific examples.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

How do you mean? take the first one for example. Do I elaborate on how calories are an important source of energy and maybe name the species that eat them?

I am going to need practice on elaborating, because I am an abrupt, to the point person.

Thanks for your help. That was my first paragraph that makes sense, That I ever wrote with out copying and plagiarizing .
    Last edited by DrBlueThumb; 11-May-2017 at 13:24.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Do I elaborate on how calories are an important source of energy and maybe name the species that eat them?
    Yes!

I am going to need practice on elaborating, because I am an abrupt, to the point person.
    Yes, practice makes perfect.

Thanks for your help. That was my first paragraph that makes sense, and that I ever wrote with out copying and plagiarizing.
    Good effort. Keep going.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Live phytoplankton and copepods are more nutritious than other foods. Firstly, they are loaded with calories in the form of carbohydrate,
    which then break down into glucose, this glucose, is an immediate source of energy for the nervous system and muscles, the
    marine organisms that eats phytoplankton and copepods include; corals,sponges, fishes,chittons, worms.

The above is what I want to say, but I feel that I would have to add a period somewhere between "firstly" and "worms". Something seems wrong about it? This is raw, and I think it's is not right because I have to make it into two sentences.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Live phytoplankton and copepods are more nutritious than other foods. Firstly, they are loaded with calories in the form of carbohydrates,
    which then break down into glucose, and this glucose is an immediate source of energy for the nervous system and muscles. The marine organisms that eat phytoplankton and copepods include corals, sponges, fishes, chittons, and worms.
    See above.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Live phytoplankton and copepods are more nutritious than other foods. Firstly, they are loaded with calories in the form of carbohydrate which then break down into glucose, and this glucose is an immediate source of energy for the nervous system and muscles. The marine organisms that eat phytoplankton and copepods include corals, sponges, fishes, chittons and worms. Secondly, they contain multivitamins A, B, C, D, E, K and minerals such as calcium, Iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc. These micro nutrients help the immune system, support normal cell growth, division and restoration.Thirdly, they are high in protein as much as 60% and amino acids which are the building blocks of marine animals cells and tissues. Protein and amino acids are mainly responsible for the animals movement and to build and repair tissues.Finally, they have essential fatty acids, EPA and DHA in them which ensure diffussion of sufficient nutrients within the organisms structure. EPA and DHA have many biological effects, most notably communication within the cells and between the cells. For these reasons, live phytoplankton and copepods are more nutritious than dead, frozen or dried artificial foods.
    Last edited by DrBlueThumb; 18-May-2017 at 22:02.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

I added to my informative paragraph and want to know where do I go from here? Do I turn it into an essay? or keep elaborating?what is it that I have so far, just a paragraph?Do I start a new post?

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Live phytoplankton and copepods are more nutritious than other foods. Firstly, they are loaded with calories in the form of carbohydrate which then break down into glucose, and this glucose is an immediate source of energy for the nervous system and muscles. The marine organisms that eat phytoplankton and copepods include corals, sponges, fishes, chittons and worms. Secondly, they contain multivitamins Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K, and minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc. These micro nutrients help the immune system, support normal cell growth, cell division and restoration. Thirdly, they are high in proteins (as much as 60%) and amino acids which are the building blocks of marine animals' cells and tissues. Proteins and amino acids are mainly responsible for useful for the animals' movement and to build and repair tissues. Finally, they have essential fatty acids, EPA and DHA, in them which ensure diffusion of sufficient nutrients within the organism's structure. EPA and DHA have many biological benefits, effects, most notably facilitating communication within the cells and between the cells. For these reasons, live phytoplankton and copepods are, by far, more nutritious than dead, frozen or dried artificial foods.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

I added to my informative paragraph and want to know where do I go from here? Do I turn it into an essay?
    No. it is one body paragraph within your essay.

or keep elaborating?
    You can, if you wish. It's up to you how long you want your body paragraphs to be.

What is it that I have so far, just a paragraph?
    Yes, see above.

Do I start a new post?
    You can. Use point #2 from post #5.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last