• Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Persuasive and informative essay

Quote Originally Posted by DrBlueThumb View Post
    Moreover, they clean the aquarium by removing organic material, including uneaten fish food, animal waste and their byproduct inorganic derivatives. Organics are a wide variety of living plant and animal material consisting of proteins, carbohydrates, fats and nucleic acids. Their byproduct is derivatives are referred to as inorganics which is the broken down matter of organics, consisting of phosphates, nitrates and ammonia. The accumulation of unconsumed organics ultimately leads to the buildup of of inorganics. Inorganics contribute to the outbreaks of nuisance algae, this nuisence algae which blocks the light and impedes the process of photosynthesis, which and that limits growth and adversely affects marine organisms such as coral, sponges and beneficial plants. The buildup of organics, such as uneaten fish food and animals waste, leads to the a reduction of in dissolved oxygen levels, which have has severe consequences as well. Furthermore, the any increase in organics can lead to an increase in the growth of bacterial colonies, which in turn causes the production of various gases, which are then released, leaving a foul odor. Phytoplankton directly consume inorganics through photosynthesis while copepods directly eat organics before being turned they degrade into inorganics. This removes organics and inorganics from the aquarium.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Plankton is the topic and the question to answer is how it can benefit the home aquarium over other foods.

so

How live phytoplankton and copepods can benefit the home aquarium over other foods.

The 2 answers I have so far are

1) They are more nutritious than other foods. = COMPLETE

2) Moreover they clean the aquarium by removing organic material, including uneaten fish food, animal waste and their inorganic derivatives. = COMPLETE

Now I need to figure our 1 or maybe 2 more topic sentences, and answers to how they can benift the home aquarium.

Can use 2 more? or just 1? for an essay.

Any suggestion? the next post will be my guess.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Haven't given it much thought, but I was thinking:

They are alive and reproduce, they do not contribute to increased nitrate and phosphate levels like dead food does.

They feed the corals,sponges and other organisms directly and indirectly.
    Last edited by DrBlueThumb; 04-Jun-2017 at 17:28.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

I will tell you what I do with these paragrpaphs. I will take them to another forum that specializes in marine biology and then ask them to fact check it.

I know people will laugh at it but I am ok with that I am looking to improve my knoledge in marine biology and english.

Most people understand what I am up to now a days, and just do not comment, while the benifitial people comment. I am crazy that way. I figure I can do it online or in person in class, I think it's best to get a solid footing online, then in class. imo.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I think that's a good idea. Sometimes, technical essays and jargon are just too much for us to deal with. It's really hard to correct or comment on a piece we just don't understand.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Now I need to figure out one or maybe two more topic sentences, and answers to how they can benefit the home aquarium.

Can I use two more, or just one for an essay?

Any suggestion? The next post will be my guess.
    It's up to you, and it depends on whether you have one, two or more points you want to explore.

I haven't given it much thought, but I was thinking:

They are alive and reproduce, so they do not contribute to increased nitrate and phosphate levels like dead food does.

They feed the corals, sponges and other organisms directly and indirectly.
    I think either or both can be used, but they may need to be phrased in a clearer way.

I will tell you what I want to do with these paragraphs. I will take them to another forum that specializes in marine biology and then ask them to fact check too. it.

I know people will laugh at this, it but I am okay with that because I am looking to improve my knowledge in marine biology and English.
    Yes, you can do that. And, no; no one has any reason to laugh at that!

Most people understand what I am up to nowadays, and but just do not comment, while the benifitial helpful people comment. I am crazy that way. I figure I can do it online or in person in class. I think it's best to get a solid footing online, then in class, IMO.
    You're doing fine so far. I think you'll end up with a good essay. Now you need to decide on your next paragraph and its topic sentence.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4