Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
At first, in the first week, the head nurse at the Children’s Specialized Hospital
chose for me to work in the neonatal intensive care unit ( NICU ) at the Women Specialized Hospital. I went to the chosen department with a nurse working there. We got there and the nurse introduced me to the head nurse NICU A and introduced her to me. The head nurse welcomed me but she sent me to another head nurse, and the other sent me back to the first one. The first head nurse called nurse named Aisha to supervise me directly. I stayed at the office with no work throughout the week.
On the second week, I got the first tasks which they are only translation. I translated “application for approval for a training of nursing students from the Prince Satam bin Abdul‐aziz University at KFMC” from Arabic to English. Next, I translated “a letter from the mother of the patient to the nurse who took care of him” from Arabic into English. It was a some complex because it has very long sentences and poetries and supplications.
On the third week, I worked in two translation tasks. The first, I translated a 12 minute video entitled "Skin‐to‐Skin Holding for Parents" which was about effective type of the holding methods that mother or father do. The second, I helped a nurse to translate signboards for printing. Moreover, I have improved slightly in oral skill.
On the fourth week, I became more understanding of several dialects which they are Philippine, Indian and South African. Moreover, I translated “ the mission, vision and values of the Children’s Specialized Hospital” from English into Arabic. It was a short and easy. I translated more new signboards.
On the fifth week, I helped the nurse to design signboards. I translated about 3 pages of “Manual for the Naturalistic Observation of Newborn Behavior”.
On the sixth week, I have completed the translation of the “Manual for the Naturalistic Observation of Newborn Behavior”. It was a some difficulty because it describes in exhaustive detail the newborn’s behaviors and the Arabic content about this topic is a very poor.
On the seventh week, I worked at reception responding calls and opening the doors for visitors. Moreover, I translated “Advisory Council for Patient and Family (3) and (4)”.
On the eighth week, I worked at reception helping visitors ( parents ) to wear a hospital gown and bringing what nursing mothers need. I edited some points for “Advisory Council for Patient and Family (4)”.
At ninth week, I worked at reception for some time. Unfortunately, I did not receive any translation tasks, the workers who always give me translation tasks went on a vacation and other workers were busy.
The problem at this department is that all of them do not want to supervise me. Moreover, there are a few things that need translation. However, generally, it was a good experience that I saw the nursing environment and how they work. The nurse who supervised me instead of head nurse was a friendly and helpful.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Sara94, and welcome to the forum. :)

[STRIKE]At first, in the[/STRIKE] In my first week, the head nurse at the Children’s Specialized Hospital chose for me to work in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at the Women Specialized Hospital. I went to the [STRIKE]chosen[/STRIKE] allocated department with a nurse working there. We got there and the nurse introduced me to the head nurse at the NICU. [STRIKE]A and introduced her to me.[/STRIKE] The head nurse welcomed me, but she sent me to another head nurse, and the other sent me back to the first one. The first head nurse [STRIKE]called nurse named[/STRIKE] asked Nurse Aisha to be my supervisor. [STRIKE]me directly.[/STRIKE] I stayed at the office with no work throughout [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] that first week.

[STRIKE] On the[/STRIKE] In the second week, I [STRIKE]got the[/STRIKE] was given my first task which [STRIKE]they are[/STRIKE] was only translation. I translated a document called Application for Approval for a Training of Nursing Students from the Prince Satam bin Abdul‐Aziz University at KFMC” from Arabic to English. Next, I translated a letter from the mother of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a patient to the nurse who took care of him from Arabic into English. It was [STRIKE]a some[/STRIKE] somewhat complex because it [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] had very long sentences [STRIKE]and poetries[/STRIKE] as well as poetic language and supplications.

[STRIKE]On[/STRIKE] For the third week, I worked [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on two translation tasks. The first, I translated a 12-minute video entitled "Skin‐to‐Skin Holding for Parents" which was about effective type of the holding methods that mother or father do. For the second, I helped a nurse to translate signboards for printing. Moreover, I have improved slightly in oral skill.

[STRIKE] On[/STRIKE] In the fourth week, I became more confident in communicating with staff from various backgrounds, e.g., [STRIKE]understanding of several dialects which they are[/STRIKE] The Philippines, India and South Africa. Moreover, I translated “ The Mission, Vision and Values of the Children’s Specialized Hospital” from English into Arabic. It was short and easy. I translated more new signboards.

[STRIKE]On[/STRIKE] In the fifth week, I helped the nurse to design signboards. I translated about three pages of the “Manual for the Naturalistic Observation of Newborn Behavior”.

[STRIKE]On the[/STRIKE] In my sixth week, I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] completed the translation of the “Manual for the Naturalistic Observation of Newborn Behavior”. It was a [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] a little difficult because it described in exhaustive detail [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a newborn’s behaviors and the Arabic content about this topic is a very poor.

[STRIKE]On[/STRIKE] In the seventh week, I worked at reception, responding to calls and [STRIKE]opening the doors for[/STRIKE] assisting visitors. Moreover, I translated “Advisory Council for Patient and Family (3) and (4)”.

[STRIKE]On[/STRIKE] In the eighth week, I worked at reception helping visitors (parents), and made sure they wore a sterile [STRIKE]to wear a[/STRIKE] hospital gown and checked what they brought [STRIKE]bringing what[/STRIKE] to nursing mothers. [STRIKE]need.[/STRIKE] I also edited some points [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] in “Advisory Council for Patient and Family (4)”.

[STRIKE]At[/STRIKE] In my ninth week, I worked at reception for some time. Unfortunately, I did not receive any translation tasks, because the [STRIKE]workers[/STRIKE] staff who always give me translation tasks went on a vacation and others [STRIKE]workers[/STRIKE] were busy.

The problem at this department is that all of them do not want to supervise me. Moreover, there are a few things that need translation. However, generally, it was a good experience [STRIKE]that I saw the[/STRIKE] for me to see firsthand a nursing work environment. [STRIKE]and how they work.[/STRIKE] The nurse who supervised me [STRIKE]instead of head nurse[/STRIKE] was a friendly and helpful.
I don't understand much of the text highlighted in blue. Also, check the names of the documents you referred to.

Status
Not open for further replies.