Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
I've been learning English for many years. Now I am keen on to get a little nudge about my pronunciation because I'm sure I сan't hear my weak points by myself. I didn't read intentionally, I just recorded the answers to a group of questions to sound as usual. Thank you very much for your attention. I'll try to take out the maximum of your remarks.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s06hcpp0hRkC

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks for recording off-the-cuff speech rather than just reading texts. Your accent is very good. It's better than that of a Russian cousin of mine who learned the language very quickly after immigrating to California at age 40 or so. She has a gift for languages but her accent is more pronounced than yours.

You will be readily understood by most Anglophones.

Watch out for the pronunciation of V. You pronounce it correctly sometimes but in "university", it turned into a W.

You could improve your Is and EEs, which are always difficult for speakers of Slavic languages. Mixing up "ship" and "sheep" can impede understanding.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your speech is very clear and your voice is nice to listen to. You could try talking just a tiny bit faster.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You've got a slight regional twang, but everything you say is comprehensible. Many native speakers enjoy a touch of an accent like yours that doesn't impede comprehension at all, so you'll find most people will respond positively. It's good pronunciation and easy on the ear. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.