Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
As I stated above, I am trying to develop my English skills but they're saying that there are many grammar mistakes. I revised my grammar multiple times but I couldn't find anything. Can you help me please, thank you!

• Because of my current job, Everyday I am traveling around the city while driving a bus or a tow truck and almost every day I see an incident which includes life threats, murders, robberies. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I am going to quote some of these incidents which I came across.

I was driving my tow truck near to the East LS car wash then a guy with BMX just came up and told me there is an illegally parked car and he asked me to follow me. I started following him and he just drove to a building's backyard and quickly pulled out a gun and aimed at my face. He told me to leave my truck and lay down on the ground. I was shocked and didn't realize the things then I tried to push the panic alarm button before I got out but I failed. I stepped out of my truck and laid down on the floor. He hit to my neck with his gun's butt. Then I lost my mind for about a minute. He took my everything, my license, my camera, my phone. When he was done robbing me, he told me to count until one hundred then leave, and he added those words " If you attempt to call the police, I won't get you down, I will get your family down, Erdil " . I started crying after he was gone then I went inside my truck and reported to the police about the situation and I went to the hospital for a regular check.

I just took a break that day and was walking around the city while eating an ice cream. It was a sunny and relaxable day until I heard faint sounds of shooting from the back street, I was scared but ran down there and I saw the shooter still in the area, when I saw the shooter he looked at me and at this time I attempted to run but he suddenly aimed his gun and shot me in the left arm. I ran from the scene while I am bleeding heavily, I entered to another street and I sat down on the ground. I called 911 and units came up, I told them about the scene, they went to check it and found a woman shot and dead also the shooter already left the scene when they arrived...

I was on a shuttle duty which provides a free ride to the city from the airport. I was waiting for customers and three taxi drivers were waiting for customers too. One of them just got out of his taxi and opened up his taxi's trunk and grabbed a baseball bat. He came to me and told me to leave but I rejected to leave. Then he started insulting me. I was really scared that time and other taxi drivers there just joined him. I closed my window and tried to ignore him but I couldn't resist anymore and I left the area. After it, I called the police and they came up. They talked with the guy. The officer told me it's resolved. Then I continued my duty, just dropped a customer and I got back to the airport. I saw that guy again there, he was talking with his friend and I heard the conversation, they talked about taking me down when I'll leave the airport area. After a while, he got in his taxi and while he was taking a customer, I drove off from the scene and I saw he was holding a screwdriver in his left hand!

I would like to say it is not only for me, for protecting other's life too. As like my passengers, I need to take care of them on my every duty. If something happens to one of them, I will be considered as the guilty. I am sure the CCW license will help me for living a better life.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Re: Hey there, I need help within my essay.

As I stated above, I am trying to develop my English skills, but [STRIKE]they're saying[/STRIKE] I'm told that [STRIKE]there are[/STRIKE] my text still contains many grammar mistakes. I have revised my grammar multiple times, but I couldn't find anything. Can you help me please? Thank you!

Because of my current job, [STRIKE]Everyday I am traveling[/STRIKE] I travel every day around the city, [STRIKE]while[/STRIKE] driving a bus or a tow truck, and almost every day, I come across some serious and scary [STRIKE]see an[/STRIKE] incident(s) which [STRIKE]includes life threats, murders,[/STRIKE] involves violence, robbery, or even murder. [STRIKE]robberies. It[/STRIKE] That makes me feel uncomfortable. I am going to [STRIKE]quote[/STRIKE] relate some of these incidents which I came across.

I was driving my tow truck near [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] the East LS car wash [Are you sure this is the correct name?] then a guy with BMX just came up and told me there is an illegally parked car and he asked me to follow me [I don't understand that. Did he say you were illegally parked?]. I started following him, and he just drove to a building's backyard and quickly pulled out a gun [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] which he aimed at my face. He told me to leave my truck and [STRIKE]lay[/STRIKE] lie down on the ground. I was shocked and didn't realize [STRIKE]the things then[/STRIKE] what was happening, so I tried to push the panic alarm button before I got out, but I failed. I stepped out of my truck and [STRIKE]laid[/STRIKE] lay down on the floor. He hit [STRIKE]to my[/STRIKE] me in the neck with the butt of his gun. [STRIKE]'s butt.[/STRIKE] Then I [STRIKE]lost my mind[/STRIKE] passed out for about a minute. He took all my belongings, including [STRIKE]everything,[/STRIKE] my license, [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] camera, [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] and phone. When he was done robbing me, he told me to count [STRIKE]until[/STRIKE] to one hundred then leave, and he added [STRIKE]those words[/STRIKE] "If you [STRIKE]attempt[/STRIKE] try to call the police, I won't just get you, [STRIKE]down,[/STRIKE] I will get your family too, [STRIKE]down,[/STRIKE] Erdil." [Is that your name? If so, how does he know that?] I started crying after he was gone, then I went inside my truck and reported the incident to the police. [STRIKE]about the situation and[/STRIKE] Afterwards, I went to the hospital for a [STRIKE]regular[/STRIKE] checkup.

On another occasion, I [STRIKE]just took[/STRIKE] had taken a break that day and was walking around the city while eating an ice cream. It was a sunny and relaxing [STRIKE]able[/STRIKE] day until I heard faint sounds of shooting from [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] some back street. I was scared, but I ran down there and I saw the shooter still in the area. [STRIKE]when I saw the shooter[/STRIKE] He looked at me and [STRIKE]at this time[/STRIKE] I attempted to run, but he suddenly aimed his gun and shot me in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my left arm. I ran from the scene while I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] was bleeding heavily. I entered [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] another street and sat down on the ground. I called 911, and [STRIKE]units[/STRIKE] the police and an ambulance came. [STRIKE]up,[/STRIKE] I told them about what had happened, and [STRIKE]the scene,[/STRIKE] they went to check it and found a woman who had been shot [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] dead. [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] The shooter had already left the scene when they arrived.

Another day, I was on shuttle duty which provides a free ride to the city from the airport. I was waiting for customers and three taxi drivers were waiting for customers too. One of them just got out of his taxi and opened up his taxi's trunk and grabbed a baseball bat. He came to me and told me to leave, but I refused. [STRIKE]rejected to leave.[/STRIKE] Then he started [STRIKE]insulting[/STRIKE] shouting abuse at me. I [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] felt really scared, [STRIKE]that time[/STRIKE] and the other taxi drivers there just joined him. I closed my window and tried to ignore him, but I couldn't resist anymore and I left the area. Afterwards, [STRIKE]it,[/STRIKE] I called the police and they arrived. [STRIKE]came up.[/STRIKE] They talked with the guy, and the officer told me they'd sorted it out. [STRIKE]it's resolved.[/STRIKE] Then I continued my duty, [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] dropped off a customer and got back to the airport. I saw that guy again there. He was talking with his friend, and I heard the conversation. They talked about taking me down when I leave the airport area. After a while, he got in his taxi and while he was [STRIKE]taking[/STRIKE] picking up a customer, I drove off. [STRIKE]from the scene and[/STRIKE] I saw he was holding a screwdriver in his left hand and waving it at me!

I [STRIKE]would like to say it is[/STRIKE] am concerned not only for my own safety, [STRIKE]me,[/STRIKE] but for the safety of other people [STRIKE]protecting other's life[/STRIKE] too. As a professional driver, [STRIKE]like my passengers,[/STRIKE] I need to take care of their safety and well-being. [STRIKE]them on my every duty.[/STRIKE] If something happens to any of my passengers, [STRIKE]one of them,[/STRIKE] I will be held responsible. [STRIKE]considered as the guilty.[/STRIKE] I am sure the CCW license will help me for living a better life. [I don't understand that.]

Status
Not open for further replies.