• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

QQ food texture

How could I make the following paragraph sound natural?

When it comes to popular Taiwanese food, what comes into your mind? You might think of braised pork rice, oyster omelet, or slack season danzai noodles. In my opinion, bubble tea is the most popular Taiwanese food because it is representative of the "QQ" food texture that Taiwanese love. Furthermore, foreign tourists are attracted to have it a try out of admiration for its delicacy and taste when they visit Taiwan.

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: QQ food texture

Quote Originally Posted by contiluo View Post
    When it comes to popular Taiwanese food, what comes into your springs to mind? You might think of braised pork rice, oyster omelet, or slack season danzai noodles. In my opinion, bubble tea is the most popular Taiwanese food because it is representative of the "QQ" food texture that Taiwanese love. Furthermore, foreign tourists are attracted to have it a interested in trying out of admiration for its delicacy and taste when they visit Taiwan.
    I don't understand the bit in blue.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 17-May-2017 at 20:34. Reason: Fixed typo

3. Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

Re: QQ food texture

While there is a huge range of textures that are celebrated in Taiwan, springy is ideal in foods like fish cakes and mochi. A food with the right “Q” factor isn’t too soft or bouncy, but rather slightly firm and a little springy. We usually liken the “Q” texture to "a marshmallow or a good-quality gummy worm." (Quoted from The Food Of Taiwan, food writer Cathy Erway)
    Last edited by contiluo; 18-May-2017 at 01:57.