Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Hello Forumers,

I would like to ask tips and tricks from all of you regarding these esays :

Section 1: Directed Writing
You are advised to write between 200 and 300 words. Total marks for this section: 30
You will be awarded up to 15 marks for following the task instructions.
You will be awarded up to 15 marks for the language you use.
Task 1
Your best friend is a popular person at school and is very successful both inside and outside the
classroom. Your friend is leaving the school to move overseas. Your teacher, Mr Johnson, asks you to
make a speech to your classmates on the last day of term wishing your friend goodbye and good luck.
Write your speech. You must include the following:
the name of your friend and where your friend is going
why your friend is moving
what you and your classmates will miss about your friend.
Cover all three points above in detail. You should make sure your speech is both polite and friendly.
Start your speech, 'Mr Johnson and friends...

and

Section 2: Composition
Begin your answer on a new page of your answer booklet.
Write on one of the following.
At the beginning of your composition put the number of the task you have chosen.
You are advised to write between 350 and 500 words. Total marks for this section: 30
Tasks 2-6
Description
Describe some of the people in the crowd present at a public event.
(Remember that you are describing the people and not telling the story of the event.)
Argument
Young people should obey their elders without question.' What do you think?
Give examples to support your views, which can be from your own experience if you wish.
What changes would you like to see take place in the next five years in your country?
Clearly present your argument by giving reasons for your views.
Narrative
Write a story which includes the sentence: You want me to lead the group but I don't think I have
the right qualities."
6 Write a story in which a fear of flying is an important part.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, needing Tips and Tricks on how to do these essays. THANK YOU! ;)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi Mxwotm8, and welcome to the forum. :)
We cannot do your homework for you. We also do not write essays for people.
What we can do is look at texts you submit to the forum and try and help you with those (provided they are not homework).

If you meant something else, please post below.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Are you having trouble understanding the questions? We can't help you with homework; you must do this task yourself.

Mxwotm8

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Hello again,
Thanks for approving my question.
I would like to ask on what do you guys usually do when you guys encounter questions like this, do you guys plan, brainstorm, or ...?

Once again, I'm not asking help doing this task. I would just like to ask for tips ans tricks in doing composition tasks, narrative and descriptive essays. Thanks in advance! :]

Mxwotm8

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Yes, I know I should do it by myself. I'm asking for tips doing composition like this, narrative and descriptive. If you encounter questions like this what would you do? Thanks in advance :)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
If you're doing this for your own practice, I suggest you try doing one of those tasks and post your text in a new thread. That'll give us an idea of your level and capabilities, and we might be able to point our some helpful hints to you.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It's not a question of tips and tricks. You can't, despite what some say on the internet, simply ace a task by following some basic rules. These are quite long pieces of writing, and they will be looking carefully at how complete and relevant your answer is. Is your answer to the first structured as a speech? Does the language used suit the occasion? With long pieces like this, they will be looking at how the text flows and connects- how you move from one point to another, especially in the second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.