Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Libya
Current Location
Libya
Dear all, I am applying for a PhD, to which I need to send a motivation letter. Could you please let me know how to improve it. I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks in advance
======
Dear ….
My name is Walid Tajuri , I am a graduate student of MSc Computer Science at [xxxx]. I’m writing this letter to express my strong motivation for the PhD position in [xxxx].
Since childhood, I have had a very strong desire for learning everything new. This became a habit of life for me and affected my point of view a lot towards learning as not being just a routine. My particular interests in computer science, programming and web development originates from the period when I worked as a programmer of web applications and teaching computer programming to my student in College of electrical technology in ITALY from [1999 to 2017]. During my tenure, I developed several web applications . While working on these apps, I noticed that many successful apps, integrated the abilities of data integration. In the spirit of my inquisitive personality, I was curious how those apps were made and which algorithms were used to create such outstanding utilities. Within a broad range of possible applications I realized that the third generation Web, which one could call the "Semantic Web", represents the next major evolution in connecting information. It enables data to be linked from a source to any other source and to be understood by computers so that they can perform increasingly sophisticated tasks on our behalf.

I am currently investigating Linked Data & Semantic Web for my M.Sc. Using the latest semantics-based strategy to process huge amounts of data and uncover valuable information within it. Semantic Web standards are used to describe meta data but also have great potential as a general data format for data communication and data integration.
I continued to explore other areas of research and came across numerous application of Semantic Web technologies. Further study on Semantic Web open my mind to The Limitations of The Internet of Things IoT . IoT is being applied for stovepipe solutions, since it presents a semantic description limited to a specific domain. IoT needs to be pushed towards a more open, interoperable and collaborative IoT. The first step has been the Web of Things WoT. WoT evolves the IoT with a common stack based on web services. But, even when a homogeneous access is reached through web protocols, a common understanding is not yet acquired. Ideas and technologies borrowed from the Semantic Web vision may allow me to overcome these limitations.
For this purpose, I intend In my PHD research to proposed the Semantic Web of Things SWoT for the integration of the semantic web on the WoT . In fact the SWoT vision enables knowledge-based systems that achieve high degrees of autonomic capability for information storage, management and discovery, also providing transparent access to information sources in a given area.

I firmly believe that a PhD position at your University is an excellent choice for myself, and I think this is a great chance for me to deepen my knowledge, pursue my passion and give contributions to the scientific community. With my experience and solid theoretical knowledge, I believe that this PhD position is ideal for me. Therefore, it will be a great honor if I can work under the supervision of prominent teachers and scientists, within a well-equipped research facilities and in a hectic academic atmosphere of your University.
In the enclosure of this motivation letter I am sending all documents required by the Call. If you need further information or documents feel free to contact.
I appreciate the time and efforts you invested in assessing my application, and I am hoping to your prompt response.
Kind regards,

Walid Tajuri

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I am currently studying for my MSc in Computer Science at [xxxx], and I'm writing this letter to express my strong motivation for the PhD position in [xxxx].

Since my childhood, I have had a very strong desire for learning everything new. This became a life habit for me and profoundly affected my perspective regarding learning not being just a routine. My particular interest in computer science, programming and web development originates from when I worked as a programmer of web applications and taught computer programming at the College of Electrical Technology in Italy from 1999 to 2017. During my tenure there, I developed several web applications. While working on those apps, I noticed that many successful apps incorporated the abilities of data integration. In the spirit of my inquisitive personality, I was curious how those apps were made and which algorithms were used to create such outstanding utilities. Within a broad range of possible applications, I realized that the third-generation Web, which one could call the "Semantic Web", represents the next major evolution in connecting information. It enables data to be linked from a source to any other source and to be understood by computers so that they can perform increasingly sophisticated tasks on our behalf.

My M.Sc. thesis revolves around linked data and the semantic web, using the latest semantics-based strategy to process huge amounts of data and uncover valuable information within it. Semantic Web standards are used to describe meta data but also have great potential as a general data format for data communication and data integration.

I have explored other areas of research and came across numerous application of Semantic Web technologies, and this has made me aware of the limitations of the Internet of Things (IoT). IoT is being applied in stovepipe solutions, since it presents a semantic description limited to a specific domain. IoT needs to be pushed towards a more open, interoperable and collaborative approach. The first step has been the Web of Things WoT, which leverages the IoT with a common stack based on web services. But, even when homogeneous access is achieved through web protocols, a common understanding is not yet acquired. Ideas and technologies borrowed from the Semantic Web vision may allow me to overcome these limitations.

For this purpose, I intend in my PhD research to propose the Semantic Web of Things SWoT for the integration of the semantic web with the WoT . In fact, the SWoT vision enables knowledge-based systems that achieve high degrees of autonomic capability for information storage, management and discovery, also providing transparent access to information sources in a given area.

I firmly believe that a PhD position at your university is an excellent choice and a great opportunity for me to deepen my knowledge, pursue my passion and contribute to the scientific community. With my experience and solid theoretical knowledge, I believe that this PhD position is ideal for me. Therefore, it will be a great honor if I can work under the supervision of prominent teachers and scientists, within a well-equipped research environment and in an active academic atmosphere.

With this motivation letter, I have included all the required documents. If you need further information or documents, please feel free to contact me.

I thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to your positive response.

Yours faithfully,

Walid Tajuri

Status
Not open for further replies.