Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hello Everyone, My name is Toan. I am a beginner. I come from VietNam. I am very happy to join this page. I think that there is a only way to improve my writing skill is practising more. Everyday, I learn at least three new words from reading english newspaper. The first, I write them down the left of my book and then I use images or pictures to define them in the right of my book.
Thank you and please correct my mistakes

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello everyone, my name is Toan.
Hello Toan. :hi:

I am a beginner. I come from Vietnam. I am very happy to join this forum. [STRIKE]page.[/STRIKE]
And we're happy to have you as a new member. Welcome! :)

I think (that) [STRIKE]there is a[/STRIKE] the only way to improve my writing skill is to practise [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] more.
Yes, well done!

Everyday, I learn at least three new words from reading English newspapers. [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] First, I write them down the left margin of my book, and then I use images or pictures to define them in the right margin (of my book).
Thank you, and please correct my mistakes.

toanhntm

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thank you very much, Teechar. I have some questions.
Hello everyone, my name is Toan. I am a beginner. I come from Vietnam. I am very happy to join this forum. I think that the only way to improve my writing skill is to practise (why we don’t use the gerund?) more. Everyday, I learn at least three new words from reading English (I think that English is an adjective so why it must be capitalized? )newspapers. First, I write them down the left margin of my book, and then I use images or pictures to define them in the right margin of my book.
Thank you, and please correct my mistakes.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
We don't use a gerund after "to".

"English" can be both a noun and an adjective. The important thing is that it is a "proper noun" and a "proper adjective".

England = country (proper noun)
English = language (proper noun)
English = of or pertaining to England or the English language (proper adjective)

Read more about proper adjectives here.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Status