Hi guys, I've been struggling with textual analysis and what I'm required to do for an upcoming test.
The teacher said we're supposed to bring any kind of text and analyze : register (field,tenor,mode) thematisation, cohesion, text type, micro and macrofunctions.
The thing is, the concepts are pretty clear though I can't seem to put it into practice.

Here is a partial analysis of a text from a blog article:

THE NIGHT OWL
Many people ,mostly book authors say things like “you gotta wake up early if you want to be successful” we also have this in italian as : “chi non dorme non piglia pesci” which literally means :
“who doesn’t sleep catches no fishes” the actual meaning is that to catch something…to achieve, you have to sleep and that sleep is usually intended as early meeting with your soft comfy bed.
Now I’m not saying you shouldn’t or that it doesn’t work for me (it did and I still use it sometimes but i think it’s not the best option unless you HAVE to wake up early anyway).
I want to expose the Night Owl productive lifestyle but first let me give you some background:
I’m an Uni student and I study languages and linguistics(BA) classes are taught between 8 a.m and 8 p.m and you’re not compelled to be present at all(just don’t skip all of them ) on the first semester I mainly had classes from 2 p.m so that gave me the chance to wake up around 12 a.m every morning after a night spent studying .
BUT WHY?
The are several advantages on being a Night Owl :
1.SILENCE: The night is silent no parents or roommates around ,no loud people in the street , so silent you can hear your breathe.
2.SOCIAL: you have the time to attend your classes ,see your friends and practice a sport all that before 10.30-12 p.m and besides no one calls you or bothers you in any way during those hours.
3.PRODUCTIVITY AND FOCUS: the first two create optimal conditions for you to study or do whatever other work you intend to do and some people are more focused at night.
4. MEMORY : if you’re among those people who feel energized and focused at night ,the “brain fog” or “brain waste” won’t be a problem ,the theory on memory(check out Barbara Oakley and her free course on memory on coursera.com) says that throughout the day toxins accumulate in the brain hindering our ability to optimally use our brain, the benefit of having a pre-bed study session is guess what? the bed indeed ,when you go to bed right after a study session all that material you worked on will process during the night as if you had an antivirus on your pc scanning in the background ,this unconscious processing will further strengthen your memory and remember the toxins ?brain fog? all that will be cleaned through sleep.

Analysis:
First things first : the title might refer to a nocturnal animal or to a nocturnal person, later in the essay/blog article we discover it refers to a person who stays up late and is more productive at night. That’s the hypertheme.
Night owl definition: “A night owl, evening person or simply owl, is a person who tends to stay up until late at night ... The term is derived from the primarily nocturnal habits of the owl. Usually, people who are night owls stay awake past midnight and extreme night owls may stay awake until just before or after dawn.[4] Night owls tend to feel most energetic just before they go to sleep at night...

GENRE : student essay/blog article
Type: exposition
FIELD: sleep, productivity and memory.

TENOR: unknown audience,writer introduces himself half way through the text, use of I and you,informal

MODE: written, personalized,short (420 words)

The thematisation seems to be a linear one, where the rheme becomes the new theme.

I'm not asking you to correct the whole text analysis (though it would be extremely helpful) , I'm looking for an already analyzed text to use as a reference.