Student or Learner
Native Language
Yoruba
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
Good morning Everyone.
I will like you to help me make corrections to my Motivation Letter as best as it could be.
Thank you very Much.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Sir or Madam,

I wish to apply for Bachelors in International Business Administration at the Technical University of Munich.

My name is XXX XXX, I am Twenty-Seven years old. I was born and raised in Nigeria, a multicultural country with a population of diverse ethnicity. All these cultural diversity brought me a certain tolerance and open mindedness towards divergent ways of life.

After my Secondary school, which taught me the basics of English, Mathematics and elementary French, I proceeded into Yaba College of Technology to Study Estate Management and Valuation. This line of study gave me strong grasp of what Management and business development entails. I proceeded afterwards for the compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and was assigned to the Northern part of Nigeria and this gave me an ample opportunity to learn more about their way of life and I knew that I have a very high adaptability capacity.

I was inspired to pursue a career in management and Business from a young age, witnessing the business activities of my father and uncle. He is an entrepreneur, in trading and agriculture sector, who is very business-minded and dedicated to his work. As a child, I began to absorb many ideas and concepts related to business and management. After school, I often read books and periodicals such as Business Week, Business World and Forbes, and it was clear even at that young age that I would work in business in the future. My decision to pursue a second Bachelor degree is due to the fact that I recognize that my father is limited by his educational qualifications; he only earned a Bsc late in his life, relying solely on his own diligence and perseverance to succeed. I hope to be able to use the professional management skills I will learn in your institution to advance and expand his business frontiers and purview while also building a niche for myself in the business world.

I have a strong preference to study International Business Administration, because of the international dimension that comes with it; it’s a completely taught in English program, with students from all around the world forming a core of the class percentage. Besides during the curriculum, which suits my style of management, there is the possibility to go on an exchange/Internship in either Germany or outside Germany which will tend to increase my experience and open my mind further to the international business skill and also serve as an exposure to various world economies.

The reason why I have chosen to study at the Technische Universität München, is mainly because of its highly global rankings. Technical University of Munich (TUM) is for instance recently ranked by “THE World University Ranking,” as the fourth best technical university in Europe and Third in Germany. Reuters (UK) also ranked TUM 4th in the list of “Europe's Most Innovative Universities". Further to this, Students in the studies of Business and Information Systems, according to Centre for Higher Education (CHE), positioned it in the top group in eleven out of Twelve categories. TUM is placed third among European universities and Number 8 in world ranking in the "Global University Employability Ranking" for the quality of graduates it produces. The Management and Technology Department is also the first in Germany to be European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) - EPAS accredited in 2015.

The location of Technical University of Munich (TUM) is an advantage because Munich is a commercial nerve of Germany and I would learn a lot being around world renowned businesses that operate there. I have experienced studying in my country and now I want to have an international exposure. Furthermore, the ethnic diversity of the city is attractive, and it looks like it would be a lively place to learn and socialize with people from all walks of life.

I am not married yet. My parents live here in Nigeria and all my siblings do too, they also work here. Upon completion of my studies, my short term goals include, staying back in Germany to work and understand and putting the theoretical learning i have learnt into practical use and possibly furthering for a Masters degree. For my future, I want to work in an international environment, to travel around the world and experience different ways of life. I also think about working in establishing and expanding cooperation between local German business and the Nigerian Market. I intend to, after working in a company in Germany, establish a company that is multifaceted in various business sides of the economy both locally in Germany and internationally with the European and African partners.

I am confident that overall opportunity to study in Europe will broaden my horizons and give me an opportunity to gain world class education and help me become an excellent world citizen.

I would be elated to secure admission in your prestigious university, I am eager to learn and prepared to adapt myself to the new working situation and make sure that I will match all the credentials and will be able to maintain high standards at your university.

Thank you for your consideration, I will see you soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir or Madam,

I wish to apply for the Bachelor's in International Business Administration at the Technical University of Munich.

My name is XXX XXX, and I am twenty-seven years old. I was born and raised in Nigeria, a multicultural country with diverse ethnic groups, and this has taught me the importance of tolerance and open-mindedness towards others.

After my secondary school, where I learned English and elementary French, I enrolled in Yaba College of Technology to study Estate Management and Valuation. That course gave me a strong grasp of what management and business development entail. Afterwards, I did my compulsory service in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and was assigned to the northern part of Nigeria, and this gave me an ample opportunity to learn more about the way of life there.

I was inspired to pursue a career in management and business
from a young age, witnessing the business activities of my father and uncle. My father is an entrepreneur, in trading and agriculture. As a child, I began to absorb many ideas and concepts related to business and management. After school, I often read books and periodicals such as Business Week, Business World and Forbes magazine, and it was clear even at that young age that I would work in business in the future. My decision to pursue a second bachelor's degree is because I recognize that my father is limited by his educational qualifications; he only earned a BSc late in his life, relying solely on his own diligence and perseverance to succeed. I hope to be able to use the professional management skills I will learn in your institution to establish a solid career early on for myself in the business world.

I have a strong interest in this course because of the international dimension; it’s completely taught in English, with students from all around the world. Besides, there is the possibility to go on an exchange program/do an internship in either Germany or elsewhere which will only add to my experience and open my mind further to international business practice and also serve as an exposure to various world economies.

The main reason I have chosen to study at the Technische Universität München (TUM) is because of its highly prestigious rankings. Further, TUM students of business and information systems, according to the Centre for Higher Education (CHE), are in the top group in eleven out of twelve categories. The Management and Technology Department is also the first in Germany to be European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) - EPAS accredited in 2015.

The location of Technical University of Munich (TUM) is an added advantage because Munich is a major commercial centre in Germany, and I would learn a lot being around world-renowned businesses that operate there. I have experienced studying in my country and now I want to have an international experience. Furthermore, the cultural diversity of the city is attractive, and it looks like it would be a lively place to learn and socialize with people from all walks of life.

Upon completion of my studies, my short term goals include getting some work experience in Germany and possibly doing a master's degree. For my future, I want to work in an international environment, to travel around the world and experience different ways of life. I also think about establishing and expanding cooperation between local German business and the Nigerian market.

I am confident that the opportunity to study in Europe will broaden my horizons and allow me to gain world-class education as well as help me to become an excellent world citizen.

I would be honoured to secure admission into your prestigious university. I am eager to learn and prepared to adapt myself to new situations, and I will endeavour to maintain the high standards at your university.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Bluewhizz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Yoruba
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
Thank you very much for your corrections...Please, don't you think there is a need for me to kind of reduce the text.Do you think this is good and concise enough to get me an admission?

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you very much for your corrections. Please, don't you think there is a need for me to kind of [STRIKE]reduce[/STRIKE] shorten the text? Do you think this is good and concise enough to get me an admission?
If you weren't given a word limit, then leave it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.