• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

in offing than

Hi! What is the exact meaning of the words in bold? The passage is from a political text. I fact It is from a telegram sent by an embassy and has a especial style. Of course, I had asked it before, but I vain, without receiving any answer.
    Although thus far Mosadeqh as shown more interest in settling question compensation since he has seen some dollars in offing than he had in matter future sales, I detected during our last conversation growing interest in matter of future sales and I believe this interest will continue grow as we surmount hurdle of compensation.
    Thanks very much.

2. VIP Member
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • Europe
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Re: in offing than

Although
    thus far Mosadeqh has shown more interest in settling the question of compensation (
    since he has seen some dollars in the offing) than he had inthe matter of future sales,
    I detected (during our last conversation) a growing interest in the matter of future sales
    and
    I believe this interest will continue to grow as we surmount the hurdle of compensation.

Although Mosadeqh has so far shown more interest in A than in B, I detected (in our last conversation) a growing interest in B. I believe this interest will continue to grow as we get over the problem of A.

A
    is the question of compensation.
    B is the matter of future sales.

Mossadeqh's interest in A has grown since he has seen that there is a prospect of receiving some money.