In recent years, there has been an increase in attacks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelsrolls

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
In recent years, there has been an increase in attacks against our citizens, especially those living in Germany. During meetings held on every occasion with the relevant authorities of the country, the delegation stated our expectation that the investigations into the attacks in question would be finalized, the investigation files would not be closed without discovering the perpetrator/cause, the perpetrators of deliberate acts would be arrested and punished and necessary measures would be taken to prevent the repetition of similar acts.

Can please check my translation attempt above to see if it needs improvement?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
In recent years, there has been an increase in attacks against our citizens, especially those living in Germany. During every meeting held [STRIKE]on every occasion[/STRIKE] with the relevant authorities of the country, the delegation stated our expectation that the investigations into the attacks in question would be finalized, the investigation files would not be closed without [STRIKE]discovering[/STRIKE] identifying the perpetrators, [STRIKE]/cause,[/STRIKE] the perpetrators of such deliberate acts would be arrested and punished and necessary measures [STRIKE]would be[/STRIKE] taken to prevent the repetition of similar acts.

Can you please check my translation attempt above to see if it needs improvement?
You can also remove all the "woulds" highlighted in orange.

angelsrolls

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
[…] the delegation stated our expectation that […] necessary measures would be taken to prevent the repetition of similar acts

Thank you very much for your edits, teechar, but I don’t understand why you removed the would be above. Can you elaborate on that?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
It's unnecessary.

Status