Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
to whom it may concerned, this is an e-mail written by me who wants to send to my prof. would you mind to point out the grammar error inside? thanks a lot

The time I spent in waterloo is the best journey in my life, and I’m sorely miss there.( would this be better if I write" the journey in waterloo is sorely missed." ?) In UW, the warm-heart Canadian helped me in every aspect. Everytime I looked backwards, I’m so grateful for everything you have done for me, especially you granted me to your class and give me tireless guidance in my career.
After I came back to home, I spent some time in traveling in some country like Thailand and Indonesia. The view there is fantastic. Besides, I took the entrance test of the graduate school.
Now I’m applying the University of Edinburgh. This school is not bad respectfully, so they hope applicants have reference letters from a hand of wise scholar with high reputation. I mean I can’t find anyone more fit this standard than you sir. If I can get your refer, I think that couldn’t have gone any better.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
to whom it may concerned, this is an e-mail written by me who wants to send to my prof. would you mind to point out the grammar error inside? thanks a lot

The time I spent in Waterloo [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] was the best [STRIKE]journey[/STRIKE] period in my life, and [STRIKE]I’m[/STRIKE] I sorely miss being there. In UW, the warm-hearted Canadian people helped me in every aspect. Every time I look back, [STRIKE]looked backwards,[/STRIKE] I’m so grateful for everything you have done for me, especially [STRIKE]you granted me to[/STRIKE] having me in your class and giving me [STRIKE]tireless[/STRIKE] valuable guidance [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] for my career.

After I came back to home, I spent some time [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] traveling in some [STRIKE]country[/STRIKE] countries like Thailand and Indonesia. The [STRIKE]view[/STRIKE] nature there is fantastic. Besides, I took the entrance test [STRIKE]of the[/STRIKE] for graduate school.

Now I’m applying for the University of Edinburgh. This school is not bad respectfully, so they [STRIKE]hope[/STRIKE] require that applicants [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] provide reference letters from a hand of wise scholar with high reputation. Thus, I would be very grateful if you could provide such a letter for me. [STRIKE]I mean I can’t find anyone more fit this standard than you sir. If I can get your refer, I think that couldn’t have gone any better.[/STRIKE]
I don't understand the parts in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.