• English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

a big punch

Please help me make the conversation below sound natural as some kind of interview for a TV show or newspaper.

T: Since you mentioned that there are no big mountains to climb in Denmark, where would you most likely go mountain-climbing or hiking?

D: Usually we go to the neighboring Nordic countries of Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, where there are large sparsely populated areas suitable for wilderness backpacking and multiple day lodge-to-lodge hiking. There are also areas for day hikes near most towns and villages.

T: Although Iíve never been to the Nordic countries, I have been looking forward to traveling there. What are the best sights and attractions to visit in the Nordic countries?

D: Nordic countries have some of the most majestic natural landscape on Earth, offering everything from rugged adventures in Arctic wilderness to royal palaces and world-class culinary experiences in centuries-old cities. When you think about the best Nordic countries to visit in the northern part of Europe, Denmark usually comes to mind. Our country looks small but packs a big punch in cuisine, culture and design.

teechar is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: a big punch

Quote Originally Posted by contiluo View Post

T: Since you mentioned that there are no big mountains to climb in Denmark, where would you most likely go mountain-climbing or hiking?

D: Usually, we go to the neighboring Nordic countries of Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, where there are large sparsely populated areas suitable for wilderness backpacking and multiple multi-day* lodge-to-lodge hiking. There are also areas for day hikes near most towns and villages.

T: Although Iíve never been to the Nordic countries, I would love to have been looking forward to traveling go there one/some day. What are the best sights and attractions to see there? visit in the Nordic countries?

D: Nordic countries have some of the most majestic natural landscape on Earth, offering everything from rugged adventures in Arctic wilderness to royal palaces and world-class culinary experiences in centuries-old cities. When you think of about the best Nordic countries to visit in the northern part of Europe, Denmark usually comes to mind. Our country looks small but packs a big punch in when it comes to cuisine, culture and modern designs.
    * I pointed that mistake out to you a couple of days ago. My memory is not that hot; I thought yours might be better!

Also, consider using "Scandinavia" instead of "(the) Nordic countries" in your text.
    https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/t...-of-civilities