• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Bosnian
      • Home Country:
      • Bosnia Herzegovina
      • Current Location:
      • Sweden

The truck transporting crates of beer overturned

I am wondering if my sentences are grammatically correct.

The truck transporting crates of beer overturned at the sharp bend, spilling its contents on the road. People from all sides rushed towards it, grabbing whatever they could and running away. In their greed, they had forgotten to check if the driver was hurt.

GoesStation is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: The truck transporting crates of beer overturned

A man in my area recently had a setback in his battle to collect damages for an unusual and unfortunate incident. He was T-boned (struck from the side) at an intersection that he sped through carelessly. A deputy sheriff who responded summoned a tow truck, wrote his accident report, and went on his way, neglecting to check the badly mangled car for an occupant. The driver was luckily discovered six and a half hours later at the impound lot.

The court has just ruled that he can't sue the deputy sheriff. It previously threw out a suit against the sheriff. The fellow's slim remaining hope for a settlement is what seems to be a very weak case against the tow-truck driver for failing to verify that the vehicle was unoccupied before towing it away. The tow-truck driver, not unreasonably, contends that it really was not his responsibility.
    I am not a teacher.