• Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

Symbolic meaning of laying the keel in this specific case

Hello.
    Symbolic meaning of laying the keel in this specific case - how to express it?
    a) the day of laying the keel signifies the formal beginning of construction; from the day onwards classification societies will be exercising control over constructing the ferry/the construction of the ferry;
    b) the day of laying the keel is a milestone in the process of building ships, placing classification societies in charge of the construction of the ferry from then on (from the very day on);
    c) the day of laying the keel is a milestone in the process of building ships, placing the construction of the ferry into care of classification societies from then on (from the very day on);
    d) the day of laying the keel is a milestone in the process of building ships when classification societies are entrusted with (exercising control over) the construction of the ferry;
    e) the day of laying the keel is a milestone in the process of building ships and from then on classification societies are entrusted with (exercising control over) the construction of the ferry
    I would like to ask you which of the above versions (if any at all) is acceptable and understandable to you.
    What do you think?
    Thank you.

J&K Tutoring Guest

Re: Symbolic meaning of laying the keel in this specific case

I know almost nothing of building ships, so I don't know what a classification society is or what they do. I guess there may be more than one classification society, but that only one could be in charge of overseeing construction of any one ship. That said, I suggest you begin with e:

Laying the keel is a milestone in the process of building a ship and from then on a classification society is entrusted with overseeing construction.