• Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

I would like seat number A2 to be shifted beside my seat. Could you please do this?

Suppose I am booking the train tickets and my friend and we have been allotted seats that are far from each other then what do I need to say to get my friend's seat closer to mine?

1) I would like seat number A2 to be shifted beside my seat. Could you please do this?

While booking seats at a theater

1) I would like to get these two seats together can you do this?

At a hotel.

2) The rooms that you are allotting to my friends are far from mine. Can you allotte them rooms closer to mine?

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: I would like seat number A2 to be shifted beside my seat. Could you please do thi

Quote Originally Posted by tufguy View Post
    Suppose I am booking the train tickets and my friend and we I have been allotted allocated seats that are far away from each other. then What do I need to say to get my friend's friend seated closer to mine me?

1) I would like my friend, who is in seat number A2, to be shifted beside my seat moved next to me. Could you please do this?

While booking seats at a theater:

1) I would like to get these two seats together. Can you do this?

At a hotel:

2) The rooms that you are allotting allocating to my friends are far away from mine. Can you allotte allocate them rooms closer to mine?
    See above. You aren't asking the train company to "move seat 2A" - they can't move the seat!
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.