• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

An email to my teacher in university

This is an email to the one of my teachers who is a director of the teachers in required English classes.
    Do these sentences make sense? Are there correct? rude?

---------------------------------------------

Hello. My name is ( ), from your every Wednesday class

I'm sorry to send this email during summer vacation. But I want to tell you about this before next semester comes.

I'm afraid to say, but I'm not going to attend your class, ( )'s and ( )'s classes next semester.

I have some reasons for that.

At first, I just want to stay away from the all small classes. I know I have to get used to that and it's kid of practice. However, through this spring semester, I felt it was too much pressure and anxiety and it was not good way for me to study. I'm going to miss all required classes next semester but I don't really want to force myself to attend without considering about my feelings and future. I will retake the classes next year.

And also I'm planning to change from the department of Language Communication to that of International Relations.If I can transfer to IR, I'm going to already have enough credits to graduate. It would be so helpful for me.
    I am more interested in IR classes. Also the biggest reason is that I have to visit the hospital recently and I want to have enough time for it. IR is freer, more convenient, and flexible for me to make a class schedure/curriculum.

Therefore I hope you understand I don't attend the classes next semester. If you don't mind, I want to talk about this more details.

Thank you.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 22-Jul-2017 at 08:42. Reason: Enlarged font to make post readable

English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: An email to my teacher in university

Quote Originally Posted by ntm4english View Post
    This is an email to the one of my teachers who is a director of the teachers in required English classes.
    Do these sentences make sense? Are there correct? rude?

---------------------------------------------

Hello,

My name is ( ), from your every Wednesday class.

I'm sorry to send this email during summer vacation. But I want to tell you about this before next semester. comes.

I'm afraid sorry to say, but I'm not going to attend your class, ( )'s and ( )'s classes next semester.

I have some reasons for that.

At First, I just want to stay away from all the all small classes. I know I have to get used to that and it's kid of practice. However, through this spring semester, I felt it was too much pressure, and anxiety and it was not a good way for me to study. I'm going to miss all required classes next semester, but I don't really want to force myself to attend without considering about my feelings and future. I will retake the classes next year.

And also I'm planning to change from the Department of Language Communication to that the Department of International Relations (IR). If I can transfer to IR, I'm going to already have enough credits to graduate. It That would be so helpful for me.

I am more interested in IR classes. Also, the biggest reason is that I have to visit the hospital recently and I want to have enough time for it. IR is freer, more convenient, and flexible for me to make a class schedule/curriculum.

Therefore, I hope you understand I don't my decision for not attending the classes next semester. If you don't wouldn't mind, I hope I can discuss want to talk aboutthis with you in more detail.

Thank you.
    I don't understand the parts in blue.