Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
This is an email to the one of my teachers who is a director of the teachers in required English classes.
Do these sentences make sense? Are there correct? rude?

---------------------------------------------

Hello. My name is ( ), from your every Wednesday class

I'm sorry to send this email during summer vacation. But I want to tell you about this before next semester comes.

I'm afraid to say, but I'm not going to attend your class, ( )'s and ( )'s classes next semester.

I have some reasons for that.

At first, I just want to stay away from the all small classes. I know I have to get used to that and it's kid of practice. However, through this spring semester, I felt it was too much pressure and anxiety and it was not good way for me to study. I'm going to miss all required classes next semester but I don't really want to force myself to attend without considering about my feelings and future. I will retake the classes next year.

And also I'm planning to change from the department of Language Communication to that of International Relations.If I can transfer to IR, I'm going to already have enough credits to graduate. It would be so helpful for me.
I am more interested in IR classes. Also the biggest reason is that I have to visit the hospital recently and I want to have enough time for it. IR is freer, more convenient, and flexible for me to make a class schedure/curriculum.

Therefore I hope you understand I don't attend the classes next semester. If you don't mind, I want to talk about this more details.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
This is an email to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] one of my teachers who is a director of the teachers in required English classes.
Do these sentences make sense? Are there correct? rude?

---------------------------------------------

Hello,

My name is ( ), from your [STRIKE]every[/STRIKE] Wednesday class.

I'm sorry to send this email during summer vacation. But I want to tell you about this before next semester. [STRIKE]comes.[/STRIKE]

I'm [STRIKE]afraid[/STRIKE] sorry to say, but I'm not going to attend your class, ( )'s and ( )'s classes next semester.

I have some reasons for that.

[STRIKE]At[/STRIKE] First, I just want to stay away from all the [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] small classes. I know I have to get used to that and it's kid of practice. However, through this spring semester, I felt it was too much pressure, [STRIKE]and anxiety[/STRIKE] and it was not a good way for me to study. I'm going to miss all required classes next semester, but I don't really want to force myself to attend without considering about my feelings and future. I will retake the classes next year.

And also I'm planning to change from the Department of Language Communication to [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] the Department of International Relations (IR). If I can transfer to IR, I'm going to already have enough credits to graduate. [STRIKE]It[/STRIKE] That would be so helpful for me.

I am more interested in IR classes. Also, the biggest reason is that I have to visit the hospital recently and I want to have enough time for it. IR is freer, more convenient, and flexible for me to make a class schedule/curriculum.

Therefore, I hope you understand [STRIKE]I don't[/STRIKE] my decision for not attending the classes next semester. If you [STRIKE]don't[/STRIKE] wouldn't mind, I hope I can discuss [STRIKE]want to talk about[/STRIKE]this with you in more detail.

Thank you.
I don't understand the parts in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.