• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

One of the most important to remaining at the same job for a long time is

Could you please check this paragraph?

One of the most important benefits to remaining at the same job for a long time is dependability. To put in another way, when you work for years in a company, you will probably be able to be trusted; consequently, you can be relied on more to take much more responsibilities and being promoted to a higher position, seniority, for example.
    Last edited by ambitious-girl; 30-Jul-2017 at 13:42. Reason: edit some tense and vocabularies

tedmc is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Re: One of the most important to remaining at the same job for a long time is

Quote Originally Posted by ambitious-girl View Post
    Could you please check this paragraph?

One of the most important benefits to of remaining staying at the same job for a long time is dependability(trustworthiness). To put it in another way (in other words), when you have worked for years in a company, you will probably be able to be trusted peceived to be more trustworthy; consequently, you can be relied on more to take on much more greater responsibilities and being to be promoted to a higher position and gain seniority. for example.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.

ambitious-girl is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Thanks Tedmc for your correction.

Could any teachers please check what Tedmc suggested sound natural and are correct for the following reasons?

1) Can we use "preset perfect" in time clause when?
    2) I think it is "perceived" not "peceived". However, I feel that "perceive" in this meaning doesn't work here.
    3) Shouldn't it be like "responsibilities to be promoted to a higher position and to gain seniority." to form a parallel structure?
    Last edited by ambitious-girl; 30-Jul-2017 at 18:50.

tedmc is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by ambitious-girl View Post
    Thanks Tedmc for your corrections.

Could any teachers please check what Tedmc suggested, whether they sound natural and are correct for the following reasons?

1) Can we use "preset perfect" in time clause when?
    This is not a "time clause". The present perfect tense is more appropriate when talking about one's work experience.

2) I think it is "perceived" not "peceived". However, I feel that "perceive" in this meaning doesn't work here.
    You are right about the typo error. On second thoughts, "considered" would be a better word. It is to emphasize that the statement is not a statement of fact.

3) Shouldn't it be like "responsibilities to be promoted to a higher position and to gain seniority." to form a parallel structure?
    "To" is understood and not necessary the second time.
    Last edited by tedmc; 31-Jul-2017 at 04:22.
    I am not a teacher or a native speaker.